Windows 10: How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; On the Internet I found how to backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10. copy %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\appsFolder.itemdata-ms to a save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by aliskander, Dec 10, 2015.

1. How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10?

On the Internet I found how to backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10.

copy %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\appsFolder.itemdata-ms to a save
    place. (restore is to copy that saved file over the source file)
    but instead of the file: appsFolder.itemdata-ms I find another file:
    appsFolder.itemdata-ms.remote

Can I use this file also as copy of the Starscreen Layout?

thanks for your answers in advance, gabriël

:)

aliskander, Dec 10, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    My phone didn't restore settings right

If your backup was from Windows Phone 8.0, then it did not contain your Start screen layout. This was only added in 8.1 backups.

In 8.1, there's a new text message time sync feature. If you go in to the settings of the Messages app, you can set how far back the phone will sync your text messages.

Entegy, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10?

1. How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Backup Start screen

2. windows start menu layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows start menu layout: Somehow I changed to the icon tiles on the start menu. I want the classic menu list instead. Now I can't change it. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-layout/f2ea93ee-57c8-4a20-a6e7-af7a6108f6ab
  3. Partial Start Layout

Partial Start Layout: Hello, we are deploying several Windows 10 PCs in a business. I am trying to get all the games and other rubbish off the start menu and replace with the shortcuts we want. I am able to get that done if I do a start layout xml file and turn it on in GPO, but it locks the start...
  4. lock start layout

lock start layout: I wanted to lock my start menu to prevent others from playing around but it got spoiled. first when i exported it to a xml file it looked like this: https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/9b2a69d4-daa2-4e15-9a1d-b2b2161bab8e?upload=true. but after i...
  5. How to retain Windows default Start Screen layout and pinned apps after customisation in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to retain Windows default Start Screen layout and pinned apps after customisation in...: I installed the current version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v1809 updated to build 17763.134) in a virtual machine with an autounattend.xml script booting into Audit Mode after first reboot to customize the image! I then installed all the updates for Windows and Modern Apps...
  6. Start menu layout

Start menu layout: Is there a way to reset the start menu layout? Like when you start a new user? I'm using windows 10 version 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-menu-layout/a51f03a8-cc0c-4d8f-82df-8c2de79651a1
  7. How to backup the start menu on Windows 10 v1803.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to backup the start menu on Windows 10 v1803.: Howdy! I'm currently looking for a way to backup my Windows 10 Start Menu settings. (including tiles and tile layout) I have tried following the instructions shown at each of the following links, however, I believe the process has changed considerably since each of them was...
  8. Icons Layout Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Icons Layout Backup: Hi! I wonder if there is a way or a program that allows to save the desktop icons positions and layout. I don't mean that I have an issue with icons not preserving their position after a reboot, I mean I would like to have a backup in order to restore my layout quickly, for...
  9. Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10: This tutorial has been updated to work again. *Smile 3088
  10. Reset Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Start Layout in Windows 10: This tutorial has been updated to work again. *Smile 3087

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup windows 10 start screen

2. How can I save a backup of my start screen on my Windows 10 Phone?

3. backup and restore start layout windows 10 1803

4. windows 10 start screen backup,
  5. how to back up start screen windows 10,
  6. start screen layout sync windows 10,
  7. backup start screen win10