Windows 10: How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; On the Internet I found how to backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10. copy %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\appsFolder.itemdata-ms to a save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by aliskander, Dec 10, 2015.

1. How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10?

On the Internet I found how to backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10.

copy %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\appsFolder.itemdata-ms to a save
    place. (restore is to copy that saved file over the source file)
    but instead of the file: appsFolder.itemdata-ms I find another file:
    appsFolder.itemdata-ms.remote

Can I use this file also as copy of the Starscreen Layout?

thanks for your answers in advance, gabriël

:)

aliskander, Dec 10, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    My phone didn't restore settings right

If your backup was from Windows Phone 8.0, then it did not contain your Start screen layout. This was only added in 8.1 backups.

In 8.1, there's a new text message time sync feature. If you go in to the settings of the Messages app, you can set how far back the phone will sync your text messages.

Entegy, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10?

1. How to Backup the Start screen layout in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Backup Start screen

2. How to lock Start Menu layout in Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 News
    How to lock Start Menu layout in Windows 10/11: [ATTACH]On Windows 10, you have the ability to customize your Start menu. The customizations come very easily and variedly, helping you design the layout most suitable for you. If you are someone who doesn’t like to have his work setup played around with, you can lock the...
  3. Backup start menu tile layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup start menu tile layout: Hi all, I have quite a few websites installed as fake apps via Microsoft Edge these days.I access all of these via pinned icons on the Windows 10 start menu. I've had issues before where a Windows 10 update or Edge update has wiped out these websites installed as fake apps,...
  4. Backup Start Menu layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Start Menu layout: I do not know where to ask this question as none of the little drop down boxes has anything to do with the Start Menu. Question: Is there is any way to backup my start menu on my main Windows 10 computer so that I can use it on my other windows 10 machines. My main computer...
  5. Start Layout -

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Layout -: I was wondering if there was a way to have a default start layout but also allow the users to make changes? 148546
  6. Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10: Code: :: Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 @Echo Off net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c %~0""" -verb Runas & exit) Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=80 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo Do You Want to Backup...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Layout: So I'm trying to update my users' start layouts using Group Policy Management. All computers are running Windows 10 v1903. When we first got the computers, I deployed a custom image through MDT to do all of the setup, including the start menu layout and taskbar layout and...
  8. Icons Layout Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Icons Layout Backup: Hi! I wonder if there is a way or a program that allows to save the desktop icons positions and layout. I don't mean that I have an issue with icons not preserving their position after a reboot, I mean I would like to have a backup in order to restore my layout quickly, for...
  9. Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 The Live Folders. This can be handy if you do not want to have to setup your Start menu layout from scratch again. Say after a clean install of Windows 10....
  10. Reset Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Start Layout in Windows 10: How to: Reset Start Layout in Windows 10 How to Reset Start Menu Layout to Default in Windows 10 The layout of your Start menu includes how you Live Folders. Sometimes you may no longer be able to "Pin to Start" or "Unpin from Start", and/or the Start menu may become...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup windows 10 start screen

2. How can I save a backup of my start screen on my Windows 10 Phone?

3. backup and restore start layout windows 10 1803

4. windows 10 start screen backup,
  5. how to back up start screen windows 10,
  6. start screen layout sync windows 10,
  7. backup start screen win10