Windows 10: How to block a driver update?

Discus and support How to block a driver update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys This new way of forcing updates is poorly thought out. A new touchpad driver keeps installing, which then causes the touchpad to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

How to block a driver update?

Hey Guys

This new way of forcing updates is poorly thought out.

A new touchpad driver keeps installing, which then causes the touchpad to stop working until I plug in an external mouse and roll back the driver!

Is there a way to block/ not install a certain update?

Many Thanks

:)

ancient, Aug 3, 2015

2. How to completely block driver update

1. We can only deal with one (1) computer in this thread. Will it be COMPUTER A or COMPUTER B? [PICK ONE]

2. Was the Win10 upgrade being offered to COMPUTER A and/or COMPUTER B via Windows Update before you upgraded via the Media Creation Tool?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a Consumer-specific forum. Did you know there is a Windows Insider-specific forum for Windows Update issues? =>

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update-insiderplat_pc

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How to completely block driver update

The three questions I asked you on 14 September haven't been answered yet either.

You may obtain Microsoft-sponsored (but not necessarily free) support via the Answer Desk =>
    http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Boozad, Aug 4, 2015
  6. My computer keeps trying to install a driver for a printer that I've never owned!

Some Epson thing. Never had an Epson printer in my life!
    Maybe it's found something on my work network that it feels the need to fix!

I'll be among the first wave of buyers when someone releases a program that allows the user to control how, when or if any updates get installed on my computers.

teachermark, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to block a driver update? - Similar Threads - block driver update

2. Driver block list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver block list: Just got a new laptop and the driver block list in core isolate doesn’t appear any idea on how to be able to get that visible on that screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-block-list/4a8efe18-1cdf-4386-aaed-dba983af0f08
  3. Driver block list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver block list: Just got a new laptop and the driver block list in core isolate doesn’t appear any idea on how to be able to get that visible on that screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-block-list/4a8efe18-1cdf-4386-aaed-dba983af0f08
  4. Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?: I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD CPU, and when some updates for the AMD drivers from ASUS are delivered, its through the Windows Update menu. Now, I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly confident this one driver update has been contributing to me have BSODs daily. Every time I...
  5. Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?: I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD CPU, and when some updates for the AMD drivers from ASUS are delivered, its through the Windows Update menu. Now, I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly confident this one driver update has been contributing to me have BSODs daily. Every time I...
  6. unable to block win11 driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to block win11 driver updates: Win11 clean install on new inspiron 16 5620, only wifi drivers installed and enabled so far.Windows keeps trying to update drivers, despite doing all I can short of regedit to disable them.Went into device installation settings and clicked no though it doesn't prompt anything...
  7. unable to block win11 driver updates

unable to block win11 driver updates: Win11 clean install on new inspiron 16 5620, only wifi drivers installed and enabled so far.Windows keeps trying to update drivers, despite doing all I can short of regedit to disable them.Went into device installation settings and clicked no though it doesn't prompt anything...
  8. Block intel graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Block intel graphics driver updates: How do I prevent windows update from updating the intel graphics driver? I download a specific version for my machine because I need that specific version and then MS update comes along and force installs an older version THAT DOES NOT WORK. If I didn't need a specific driver...
  9. BLOCK the printer driver updates from microsoft

BLOCK the printer driver updates from microsoft: Why does Microsoft update printer drivers at all, they never work properly and I have always had to fix them after updates? I need the REAL fix of blocking your updates to my printer drivers. I get them from the manufacturer regularly I don't need your junk code. Save time...
  10. blocked network drivers

blocked network drivers: I am told that my drivers have been blocked. How do I find a list of drivers? Especially any that are blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-network-drivers/7320cf57-c37f-4582-87b8-fd282c123c33