Windows 10: How to block file downloads in MS Edge?

Discus and support How to block file downloads in MS Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way to block file downloads in MS Edge? We are using Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot seem to find any information on how this can be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vulgarito, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Vulgarito Win User

How to block file downloads in MS Edge?

Is there a way to block file downloads in MS Edge? We are using Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot seem to find any information on how this can be achieved.. I would of suspected that this feature is derived from IE policies. We currently have policies in place for IE and Chrome which all block file downloads.

Turning off the 'Ask me what to do with each download' option does not stop downloads - only the location prompt.

:)

Vulgarito, Jun 11, 2018

2. MS Edge blocks rapidgator downloads?

MS Edge blocks rapidgator downloads?

...any solutions?

cheers!

TheSpirit00, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Downloading using MS Edge

Hi,

Are you able to find Download folder in the top right corner having 3 horizontal lines in Edge?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you see the save as option. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

How to block file downloads in MS Edge?

1. How to block file downloads in MS Edge? - Similar Threads - block file downloads

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded files blocked: Our facility uses Citrix remote environments frequently. For unknown reasons recently certain downloaded files are locked in Windows 10. These files were not an issue until recently. I tracked this down to potentially Windows attachment manager. I can configure the group...
  5. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded files blocked: Our facility uses Citrix remote environments frequently. For unknown reasons recently certain downloaded files are locked in Windows 10. These files were not an issue until recently. I tracked this down to potentially Windows attachment manager. I can configure the group...
  6. Downloaded files blocked

7. Stop Edge blocking downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Edge blocking downloads: Edge keeps blocking downloads and I have to select keep from pull down menu. I know it is not Defender, as Chrome is fine. I cannot find a setting to stop this annoying behaviour. Anybody know how to stop this? 183260
  8. microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads?: How to workaround this issue, its on both Windows 10 Pro/Home and Windows 11?Thanks in AdvanvcedMolle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-blocking-all-downloads/ec524875-402b-4dbd-9675-509ce0b5d7d9
  9. Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall blocking MS Edge: I asked this question on the Edge forum too, but I have additional questions about this blocking thing A. Uh, why do keep getting a message that Windows Firewall is blocking "some aspects" of Microsoft Edge. I am using beta now, but it did it with the plain old "new Edge"...
  10. downloads in MS Edge

downloads in MS Edge: I downloaded an app in MS Edge but now I want to delete it. The problem is I do not know the path to where it downloaded to. I know on my phone I just go into settings/apps/ and can find all apps. Where does MS Edge put downloads? It is not in my downloads folder. I look...