Windows 10: how to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage?

Discus and support how to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage after they finish? I don't need some installer telling me "Thank You for Installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vgchat, May 31, 2017.

1. vgchat Win User

how to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage?

How to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage after they finish?

I don't need some installer telling me "Thank You for Installing Radeon Software".... I know I've installed it and didn't ask to be redirected to some page asking people to signup to "free newsletters" or a uninstaller asking "leave your opinion on why you didn't want to keep this"??

This installer/uninstaller behaviour is starting to get out of hand, is there any way to block them from doing this?

:)

vgchat, May 31, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 31, 2017
  3. how long before windows 10 is fixed?

One of the following might be causing the freeze:

BIOS Update needed.

Incompatible driver such as chipset, Wi-Fi, Ethernet.

What I suggest you do is block any driver updates from being installed after installing Windows 10.

Learn how in the following article:

How to
    Defer, Block or Uninstall Windows 10 Updates

Andre Da Costa, May 31, 2017
  4. how to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage?

I don't have the answer, but would like to know also. I just updated SAS today, and got theirs. I know I'm using the free version, but I've seen it on paid versions of software too. Annoying to say the least.

how to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage? [​IMG]

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 1, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Jun 1, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Agreed it can get irritating.

You could block the installer using a firewall, but that means you have to set up the firewall to block it.
    Now how long does that take? How many clicks? - compared to one click to dismiss the browser.

Trying to discover the IP address it's going to access to phone home and block that doesn't really work, of course, because you'd have to run a test to discover the IP address.

You might also stop the installer downloading the latest -or indeed any- version- some installers are stubs.

I doubt there's any generic solution.

Think of it like this, if it helps (it won't!) - if you're downloading freeware, maybe you are directed to a page offering paid software. It's a price for using freeware. Or maybe it's a survey to find out why you're uninstalling- feedback.

Some programs actually try to direct you to videos or helpful info...

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage?

1. how to block installers/uninstallers from loading a webpage? - Similar Threads - block installers uninstallers

2. Blocked Webpages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked Webpages: Hi I am having problems with both Edge and Chrome when trying to access a website. I keep getting an error message. Unable to open the webpage, firewall or proxy problem. Is it something that is inherent in the system. This appears to have happened in the last two weeks,...
  3. Slow loading webpages.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow loading webpages.: I have a new windows 10 system with standard firewall and McAfee livesafe active. Even with stable internet connection if 3 mbps the webpages are loading super slow. Should I be concerned? submitted by /u/sexyindianboy [link] [comments]...
  4. Blocked out of support webpage.

Blocked out of support webpage.: When I search for information online, and open a Microsoft Support page, it shows for a few seconds, then the following screen pops up. Signed in or not. There is no way to sign in to view that specific page. I never had this problem until now, when I had to reinstall Windows...
  5. Blocking an obnocious webpage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking an obnocious webpage: How do I block this site from controlling my property rights in the State of Florida?? www.**** hold my computer captive and disrupts my personal and business....
  6. Some webpages load twice

Some webpages load twice: Is there a way to fix pages loading twice I edge, like national geographic for example? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-webpages-load-twice/9eed64ef-675b-490e-9e9d-25d32df125f3
  7. WEBPAGE NOT LOADING

WEBPAGE NOT LOADING: I need help with getting a website page to load. I have a subscription to newspapers.com &I have tried to open the link for the site, however, the site page is not opening. The tab shows I'm in the site but there is no data showing. How do I resolve this issue? Thanks,...
  8. Webpages not loading correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Webpages not loading correctly: I don't know if it is a windows 10 problem or a google chrome problem but some pages like facebook and netflix have started loading wrong. A lot of the color is gone and many of the words are moved slightly in the wrong direction. Most things can not be clicked on. 19472
  9. Webpages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Webpages not loading: Some webpages are not loading for a day. I'm using just about every browser like Maxthon, Mozzila Firefox, Chrome and opera and Internet Explorer and the problem appears again. Sometimes is fixed via pc restart only. Why is happening and what should i do? I'm also trying to...
  10. Webpage Loading

Webpage Loading: All of a sudden, some webpages load SUUUPPPERR SLOOWW even though they didn't before. I just installed the latest Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver if that helps at all :/ What is the latest version of that driver, by the way? Thanks1 47388