Windows 10: how to block or save a restore point

Discus and support how to block or save a restore point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The restore point has saved my time sometime specially when the machine becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately often I found the last restore point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by epulone, Jun 19, 2017.

1. epulone Win User

how to block or save a restore point

The restore point has saved my time sometime specially when the machine becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately often I found the last restore point available corrupted (the first working one has been overwritten - not present in the list - ). I know in this way I loose updates and downloads in between but at the end it saves me time anyway .....I have tried different options but did not find a way to block or save the creation of new points >> for example I tried turning on the restore setting > create a new point > then if i disable the system restore (setting it off) i loose the one previously created ( it is deleted / lost) in fact when I turn the system protection on again and I try to recover looking the last point created in the system restore I do not find any saved point (it is empty).

Is there a solution?

Thanks

:)

epulone, Jun 19, 2017

2. Unable to save a Restore Point in Windows 10

Same problem,no answer yet !

george wells, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Unable to save a Restore Point in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We are researching on the issue; will update the post soon.

Neha.Gupta, Jun 19, 2017
  4. how to block or save a restore point

TairikuOkami, Jun 20, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Even if you could save a restore point, and then make use of it, there are times when it becomes totally irrelevant. For example, after any sort of upgrade- a build upgrade, an in-place upgrade repair install.

When those occur, all restore points are (quite rightly) deleted.

dalchina, Jun 20, 2017
  6. epulone Win User
    Thank you very much for your advice and suggestion, helpful indeed

Very interesting the software: RollBack Rx Home *Wink

epulone, Jun 22, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Check how RollBack Rx is affected by a Win 10 upgrade (not update). I've not looked but I think it used to be the case such software had to be uninstalled first. Hopefully things have moved on.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to block or save a restore point

1. how to block or save a restore point - Similar Threads - block save restore

2. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  3. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  4. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Saving manual restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Saving manual restore points: Hi i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks 168890
  6. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  7. Restore or Save Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore or Save Point: Please note my System Protection is turned on. My questions are as follows: 1. When Windows 10 updates, does Windows 10 automatically create a new system restore point prior to its update? 2. If I were to manually create a new restore point now, do I click on the Create...
  8. How to Keep or Save a Restore Point in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Keep or Save a Restore Point in Windows 10: Hello there, Restore Points in Windows 10: There is an automatic restore point in system restore. Those restore points are deleted automatically, and new ones are created. How can I keep one of those points before it is deleted? Is there a way to save the restore point?...
  9. CCleaner blocking use of restore point.

CCleaner blocking use of restore point.: Last night, I was taking some time to do some "deep" system cleaning. Basically having Kaspersky first do a full system deep scan. Then having CCleaner do a system check for file bloat and corrupt registry files. Everything looked fine. Kaspersky didn't find anything, so both...
  10. what is the ideal size to save restore point?

what is the ideal size to save restore point?: as seen in this image, mine is set to save with this size limit. should i increase it? i ask because few weeks ago when i tried to use restore option to revert to time when pc was working fine, and got error message and said it couldnt use it...maybe because the size i set...