Windows 10: How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803

Discus and support How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, After the pain in the ass to update Windows 10 to the latest version due to the Intel SSD issue the next failure already turned up. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Master Burn, Jul 11, 2018.

1. How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803

Hello all,

After the pain in the ass to update Windows 10 to the latest version due to the Intel SSD issue the next failure already turned up.

My Realtek WiFi works fine, nothing wrong with it. However Windows update is forcing to install a new driver all the time which is corrupt. After installing this latest driver my WiFi connection is bad, it constantly loses connection, no connection on restart etc. etc. Rolling back to the previous driver solves all my problems instantly and everything works fine again. So it clearly is the driver in collaboration with Windows 10 here that fails.

I installed this driver through the Windows update channel and rolled back afterwards. After that I installed it through Lenovo Vantage update software and rolled back again. Both channels install the same driver and experience the same problems with it. Both times rolling back solved all the issues.

Lenovo software states this update as optional an therefor not essential. It doesn't add any features or fix any major issues. So for me it doesn't have any use to install it anyway. I always learned to not touch the drivers if everything works fine....

Notes on the driver:

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE
    Versions 2023.70.0306.2018

[Important updates]
    - Maintain Update.
    - Release for Windows 10 RS4 update.

[New functions or enhancements]
    Nothing.

[Problem fixes]
    Nothing.

So my first question is: how to block this useless update? It clearly doesn't work very well on Windows 10 RS4, so I clearly do not want it...

My second one is: Microsoft please fix this issue in collaboration with Realtek, block the update all the way or grant me the option to be the captain of my own laptop and block it myself (as it used to be....)

Specs:

Windows 10 pro version 1803 build 17134.137 (fully up to date)

Divice: Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
    Old driver which works fine: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 4/17/2017 - 2023.53.315.2017

New driver which fails : Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 3/13/2018 - 2023.70.306.2018

Hoping for a proper solution.

Regards,

Master

:)

Master Burn, Jul 11, 2018
  2. alanfox2000, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
  4. Jayce Win User

How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803

1. How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803 - Similar Threads - block update corrupt

2. Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers: I have WIn11 Home 22H2 installed on my Lenovo IdeaPad L340 AMD. WiFi and Bluetooth are RealTek. When Windows WiFI is running it interferes with Bluetooth speakers, causing stuttering and dropping. If I turn Win11 WiFi off, the bluetooth works flawlessly. This appears to be a...
  3. Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers: I have WIn11 Home 22H2 installed on my Lenovo IdeaPad L340 AMD. WiFi and Bluetooth are RealTek. When Windows WiFI is running it interferes with Bluetooth speakers, causing stuttering and dropping. If I turn Win11 WiFi off, the bluetooth works flawlessly. This appears to be a...
  4. wifi driver corrupts after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi driver corrupts after updates: Win 10 updates corrupt my wifi driver . I have to go to device manager and update the driver every time then it works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-corrupts-after-updates/e88ee1b5-b1e9-47c4-8743-e73430a28593
  5. corrupt wifi driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    corrupt wifi driver: I'm facing this problem since october 2018 when my wifi driver was automatically updated nd then it was not installed successfully. Since then i'm using internet with the help of lan. I've applied many methods to resolve this like tried the option of uninstalling and...
  6. Error when updating to Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when updating to Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update): I need help with Windows 10 Update. It keeps saying that the update failed. I saw this instruction that said to uninstall my video card, but it gives me a blank screen like if I didn’t have my laptop display on....
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys"

Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys": On my Surface Pro 4 I am unable to download the Windows 10 October Update because of "a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers" ("intcdaud.sys") - see Microsoft support document "What needs your attention: Intel audio display notification" at...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers: It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running. In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio...
  9. Block windows 1803 update

Block windows 1803 update: How can i block the 1803 update for windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/block-windows-1803-update/f657113c-e178-44d6-bc07-2598d689f6dd
  10. How to block a driver update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to block a driver update?: Hey Guys This new way of forcing updates is poorly thought out. A new touchpad driver keeps installing, which then causes the touchpad to stop working until I plug in an external mouse and roll back the driver! Is there a way to block/ not install a certain update?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek semiconductor corp - bluetooth - 1.7.1021.3000 update blocked my connected to the wifi

2. wifi driver corrupt after windows upgrade