Windows 10: How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update

Discus and support How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My organization uses WSUS to push out updates. I want to block the Anniversary Update from being deployed by WSUS. I have Googled looking for a KB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bear455, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Bear455 Win User

How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update

My organization uses WSUS to push out updates. I want to block the Anniversary Update from being deployed by WSUS. I have Googled looking for a KB number for this update, but not found one yet. I have found updates on WSUS FOR version 1607, but not the update TO 1607 itself. Can someone help me out?

:)

Bear455, Aug 23, 2016

2. Approval delete an update with wsus 3.0 sp2

thanks for your reply.

you know ,wsus can deploy updates to clients ,including windows 10.

my issue is :

windows 10 can install updates what deployed by wsus,but can't uninstall any updates.

you konw ,we can deploy some updates uninstallation by wsus.

xiuwangyang, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

The Anniversary Update is called a "Feature Update", and is not distributed by WSUS by default. You have to enable it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095113

Servicing updates ARE distributed by WSUS by default, but you would have to already have it installed.

Mystere, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Bear455 Win User
Thema:

1. How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update - Similar Threads - block WSUS deploying

2. Update Windows 11 from WSUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows 11 from WSUS: I have WSUS and computers running Windows 11. On the list of updates, I have some for approval. Do I need to approve all of them, or is one sufficient? If so, which one?What do codes ending with the letter B mean?...
  3. Update Windows 11 from WSUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows 11 from WSUS: I have WSUS and computers running Windows 11. On the list of updates, I have some for approval. Do I need to approve all of them, or is one sufficient? If so, which one?What do codes ending with the letter B mean?...
  4. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  5. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  6. Deploy update Window through WSUS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deploy update Window through WSUS: Dear guys I want to clear about many security update packages, so I want to deploy only newest package to all PC after I install new window 10 example 2010-10 below. The question is: Do I must install some package 2020-9 or 2020-8... to ensure my pcs are safe. [ATTACH]...
  7. The deployment operation was blocked because Special profile deployment is not allowed

in Windows 10 News
    The deployment operation was blocked because Special profile deployment is not allowed: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering The deployment operation was blocked because Special profile deployment is not allowed on your Windows 10 computer, then this post may help […] This article The deployment operation was blocked because Special profile deployment is not allowed...
  8. Updates from WSUS failing to download to clients

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates from WSUS failing to download to clients: Hi all, I'm having issues with WSUS where clients are failing to download updates from the WSUS server. I'm not sure why because WSUS is set up correctly. [ATTACH] If I take one computer for example: It is currently running Windows 10 Pro 10.0 18362/1903 and I'm trying...
  9. Migrate update services from intune to Wsus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate update services from intune to Wsus: hello everyone, We have a lot of pc deployed with auto-pilot azure and we would like migrate them update services to a local Wsus, we don't find anything for this in intune configuration except the hybrid deploy for the new pc's and on the web. Do you know a possibility...
  10. Anniversary blocks password and launching with BSOD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary blocks password and launching with BSOD: A few hours after I successfully updated my small SSD machine repeated BlueSOD started. Booting always fails, I have to use power button. I get as far as StartOptions but cannot enter Safe Mode etc. because my password is not accepted. MY PASSWORD works OK elsewhere on MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. push out windows anniversary update WSUS

2. how to block wsus from deploying anniversary update