Windows 10: How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update

Discus and support How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My organization uses WSUS to push out updates. I want to block the Anniversary Update from being deployed by WSUS. I have Googled looking for a KB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bear455, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Bear455 Win User

How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update

My organization uses WSUS to push out updates. I want to block the Anniversary Update from being deployed by WSUS. I have Googled looking for a KB number for this update, but not found one yet. I have found updates on WSUS FOR version 1607, but not the update TO 1607 itself. Can someone help me out?

:)

Bear455, Aug 23, 2016

2. Approval delete an update with wsus 3.0 sp2

thanks for your reply.

you know ,wsus can deploy updates to clients ,including windows 10.

my issue is :

windows 10 can install updates what deployed by wsus,but can't uninstall any updates.

you konw ,we can deploy some updates uninstallation by wsus.

xiuwangyang, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

The Anniversary Update is called a "Feature Update", and is not distributed by WSUS by default. You have to enable it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095113

Servicing updates ARE distributed by WSUS by default, but you would have to already have it installed.

Mystere, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Bear455 Win User
Thema:

1. How to block WSUS from deploying Anniversary update - Similar Threads - block WSUS deploying

2. Problems installing Win10 19H1 from WSUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing Win10 19H1 from WSUS: Hello. I manage a lot of windows 10 devices (currently running 1809) and need to deploy the upgrade to 1904 version. I use WSUS to deploy the upgrade. After I approved the installation, I see that computers are downloading and installing the update, but in order to complete...
  3. blocked from Windows 10 updating

blocked from Windows 10 updating: I couldn’t update Windows 10 and other programms. Then I downloaded Windows Power Shell and this program found that Avira Antivirus blocked updating because some files, specifically TFYH and RF were hidden in the “sources “prog. How can I delete these files?...
  4. Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?: My computer is on an AD domain and we have a WSUS server serving updates. However only certain categories of updates are auto approved so typically what I used to do with windows 7 is every once in a while click "Check for updates from microsoft" and this would bypass WSUS...
  5. Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar: Does anybody know how to get rid of the Edge shortcut that has been placed on the task bar? I don't want that thing there but unfortunately it cannot be "unpinned". 58462
  6. WSUS Update from 1511 to 1607 MUI: Missing Languages

WSUS Update from 1511 to 1607 MUI: Missing Languages: Hi all! Currently we're updating the Windows 10 (x64 Ent 1511) clients in a multilingual VMware Mirage environment. Unfortunately the update from 1511 to 1607 is not supported/possible with VMware Mirage therefore we're planning to use WSUS. The testing group consists...
  7. Anniversary blocks password and launching with BSOD

Anniversary blocks password and launching with BSOD: A few hours after I successfully updated my small SSD machine repeated BlueSOD started. Booting always fails, I have to use power button. I get as far as StartOptions but cannot enter Safe Mode etc. because my password is not accepted. MY PASSWORD works OK elsewhere on MS...
  8. From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?

From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?: I would like to have everyone's feedback here. Currently, I am running Win10 1607 (AU) and would like to soon upgrade to the Win10 Creative Edition. Should I perform a Clean install from the 1607 to the Creative Edition or just do an upgrade through the Windows Update?...
  9. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  10. How to block a driver update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to block a driver update?: Hey Guys This new way of forcing updates is poorly thought out. A new touchpad driver keeps installing, which then causes the touchpad to stop working until I plug in an external mouse and roll back the driver! Is there a way to block/ not install a certain update?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to block wsus from deploying anniversary update