Windows 10: How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

Discus and support How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hello everyone, i want to bookmark websites automatically. i don't want to follow manual process. please guide me? Thanks 79545 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jitesh kumar, Mar 16, 2017.

1. How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

hello everyone,

i want to bookmark websites automatically. i don't want to follow manual process. please guide me?

Thanks

:)

jitesh kumar, Mar 16, 2017

2. Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

You need to get your bookmarks first into either IE or Chrome, depends what's listed in your Edge "Import Favourites" page. Some people seem only to have IE, some have both. Doesn't matter which you use. Then you can import them into Edge. So...

1. From Firefox, export your favourites either to desktop or a temporary folder.

2. In IE or Chrome delete all bookmarks that you no longer want or that are duplicated in Firefox - if you don't do this you will import unwanted bookmarks into Edge.

3. In IE or Chrome import the bookmarks from wherever you saved them (desktop or folder)

Chrome ->Bookmarks Manager ->Organize -> "Import Bookmarks from HTML file"

IE -> click on star -> Add to favourites -> import from another file/browser (n.b. IE allows you to skip step 1)

4. Open Edge and Import Favourites (Hub -> Favourites -> Import Favourites) from IE or Chrome.

Done, but like many users I found this Edge import procedure reversed the bookmarks order and I had to resort them manually. Having done all this, I thought that Edge was no better or faster than any other browser and lacked many features so after all this
    import palaver, I'm back to using Firefox in Windows 10.

Feature Creature, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Where can I locate the file that has all of the BOOKMARKS/FAVORTIES that I have made in IE-11, EDGE, and CHROME?

Hi,

2. IE, Edge and Chrome do not share Favorites/Bookmarks.

1. You've found IE Favorites.

Edge Favorites are stored at

In Edge, the Favorites folder is located at "C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites.

Chrome Bookmarks are at

C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Bookmarks

You can copy/backup this file, but it's not a list of Bookmarks you can edit.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

Do you want to open a certain set of bookmarks automatically when you open the browser, or...

do you want to automatically bookmark every site you visit?

Edwin, Mar 24, 2017
  5. I want to set a certain set of bookmarks automatically in browsers.for IE, EDGE, CHROME. Without manual process.

jitesh kumar, Mar 25, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Go to Settings/Startup/"Open a specific set of pages", add the pages you desire to open all at Startup:

How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically? [​IMG]

This is Chrome, but, the other browsers are similar.

Edwin, Mar 25, 2017
  7. denny Win User
    install a bookmark extension. It will do this task smoothly.

denny, Mar 25, 2017
  8. How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

As earlier i told you,i don't want to follow manual approach.i want to apply these changes through Registry or any other way, but i need automatic process.

Thanks for reply.

jitesh kumar, Mar 26, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    Think about this, if you were able to do as desired you would end up bookmarking EVERY page or site you visit, is that what you really want? Otherwise there will always be a need to click a link at least once. Pressing Ctrl+D may be the closest one can get.

It may be possible in the future if Fuzzy Logic gets completed but that may be years away.

Berton, Mar 26, 2017
  10. I have some Set of websites. i want to bookmark\favorites these websites in browser like IE,EDGE,Chrome using Registry ,LocalGpo or any other automatic way.so that,if users will access browsers,they will get automatically Set of websites which i have defined for them.

i don't want to use manual approach to set bookmarks in website.

like you told me for chrome cltrl+D.

jitesh kumar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

1. How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically? - Similar Threads - Bookmark websites Edge

2. IE mode on Edge and Chrome not working with ActiveX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IE mode on Edge and Chrome not working with ActiveX: HiI have legacy apps that runs on ActiveX, which is to read file from local PC via browser. It use to works fine in IE. And to run in Chrome and Edge, I understand that by enabling IE mode on edge and chrome may help. Unfortunately, I have tested it out, it just doesn't work,...
  3. IE mode on Edge and Chrome not working with ActiveX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IE mode on Edge and Chrome not working with ActiveX: HiI have legacy apps that runs on ActiveX, which is to read file from local PC via browser. It use to works fine in IE. And to run in Chrome and Edge, I understand that by enabling IE mode on edge and chrome may help. Unfortunately, I have tested it out, it just doesn't work,...
  4. Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  5. open edge chrome bookmarks on left side

in Browsers and Email
    open edge chrome bookmarks on left side: I have found a chrome extension which works in edge chromium. It opens bookmarks on the left (or right) of the browser window. I have used it and it works. click here 148788
  6. Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?: I haven't used Edge in a while and I know you was able to do it on an earlier build, but no when trying to import stuff from another browser on the stable build it only gives me the option for Internet Explorer. Any solutions? submitted by /u/howmadstha [link]...
  7. is there an app that download google chrome bookmarks automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there an app that download google chrome bookmarks automatically?: i really like to read articles, but my stupid connection go down on a regular(third world problems LOL) so i there an app/chome extension that download full wab pages every time i save them as a bookmark ps: i really don't know if this is the right sub for this question,...
  8. How to alphabetize flies in Chrome bookmarks.

in Browsers and Email
    How to alphabetize flies in Chrome bookmarks.: Is there a way to alphabetize files inside Chrome Bookmarks (imported from FF). In FF there was a "Views" option and then you could alphabetize the files. I don't see anything like that in Chrome. 83370
  9. Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE all fail to connect to any website

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE all fail to connect to any website: A friend with a Lenovo i7 P50 Thinkpad with Win 10 factory installed. Creators Update installed via Windows Update a few weeks ago. Called me last week reporting that he could no longer view web pages using Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or IE. I checked event viewer and saw one of...
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196