Windows 10: how to boot into safe mode without logging on?

Discus and support how to boot into safe mode without logging on? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; if you can't get into your user account, is there another way to boot to safe mode? I think you can do this from windows recovery media, but I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shmu26, Jul 7, 2015.

1. shmu26 Win User

how to boot into safe mode without logging on?

if you can't get into your user account, is there another way to boot to safe mode?

I think you can do this from windows recovery media, but I was unable to create that. (It didn't like my sandisk flash drive, even though my 3rd party programs have no problem making it into a bootable media, so it seems not to be damaged.) And there is no option for DVD, only flash drive.

I tried getting into safe mode from a windows 8 recovery CD, but it couldn't do it

:)

shmu26, Jul 7, 2015
  2. AnisBdz Win User

Windows 10 super huge

i booted into safe mode but still the same problem

AnisBdz, Jul 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 super huge

If you can reach the login screen without logging in, you can boot into safe mode, then undo your mistake there and reboot again. To get to safe mode from the login screen without logging in, hold down shift while you click the power/restart option and
    keep holding shift until troubleshooting menu appears.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 7, 2015
  4. genet Win User

How to boot into Safe Mode from the Windows 8 installation media or recovery USB flash drive. -> link

genet, Jul 7, 2015
  5. shmu26 Win User
    thanks. but is that windows 8 trick going to boot me into windows 10?

shmu26, Jul 7, 2015
  6. genet Win User
    Yes.

genet, Jul 7, 2015
  7. shmu26 Win User
    thanks!

shmu26, Jul 7, 2015
  8. shmu26 Win User

I just tried it out from within windows 10, using elevated command prompt.
    now we can copy and paste commands. That's a great feature.
    this method works like a charm. good thing the tutorial tells you how to undo it, too!

shmu26, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to boot into safe mode without logging on? - Similar Threads - boot safe mode

2. How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?: My new Windows 11 installation has been very unstable, full of crashes and freezes. Now it's been working a bit better without any freezes/crashes for 3 days after I switched from using Google Chrome browser to the lower quality Microsoft Edge browser so I think mostly it's...
  3. How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?: My new Windows 11 installation has been very unstable, full of crashes and freezes. Now it's been working a bit better without any freezes/crashes for 3 days after I switched from using Google Chrome browser to the lower quality Microsoft Edge browser so I think mostly it's...
  4. Trying to exit safe mode without logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to exit safe mode without logging in: Hi, I have placed my laptop Lenovo v-130, running Windows 10 into safe mode with networking to fix a separate issue with launching an application. However I did not realize that doing this would mean i was not able to log in with my pin, and for some reason the password I...
  5. how to exit safe mode without password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to exit safe mode without password: Hello, I'm looking for help, my windows 10 stucked on safe mode, I can't login because don't remember the password it's asking, but I still know the PIN that I have always used to login but the safe mode doesn't give the option to go back. I can't go to command prompt...
  6. Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode

Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode: Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me because I’m on the verge of Insanity. I have a Windows PC, with the Intel 2600 K processor, a Geforce GTX 580, 16 GB ram and 1 TB hard drive. I’ve had the same computer since 2011, filled with many personal files videos and...
  7. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking: Problem I have a Surface Book 2 running Windows 10. It is completely bricked at the moment. I have some files that Edge corrupted when it downloaded them, but will not let me delete. So I quickly looked online and it suggested that I go to systems configuration and...
  8. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop booting in to Safe Mode: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password. Safe Mode ony allows login via the...
  9. How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?: Ok, need help with a self induced catastrophe. I went into msconfig, to set Safemode booting so I could run Malware scans. One small problem, I can't remember my original Admin password. Haven't used it since day 1. I always used the 4 digit pin,. I don't want to crack or...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...