Windows 10: How to boot off second HDD using EasyBCD

Discus and support How to boot off second HDD using EasyBCD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Win 7 "crap" partition on the second HDD in my system. I use it when I need to to run tests, like downloading some new utility. Up to now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x509, Aug 9, 2016.

1. x509 Win User

How to boot off second HDD using EasyBCD

I have a Win 7 "crap" partition on the second HDD in my system. I use it when I need to to run tests, like downloading some new utility. Up to now, I've been using the BIOS with boot priority override to boot into this drive.

So today I used EasyBCD and added another boot entry. That would be simpler than always going into the BIOS. No problem adding that entry. But when I tried to boot into that partition, I got an error message and could not boot successfully. I had to restart and boot from my main Windows partition, on the first HDD (actually an SSD).

What did I not do right? I checked the NEOSmart website, and could not find any useful info.

:)

x509, Aug 9, 2016

2. No option to run Windows 10 after recovery of Windows 8.1

Use EasyBCD to add a boot menu:

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Dual boot - Win 7 & Win 10

You can use EasyBCD - free download to add the menu back.

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop.

Download EasyBCD then install it

Launch it then add a boot entry for Windows 7

You will see the return of the graphical boot manager.

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Here's my settings.

How to boot off second HDD using EasyBCD [​IMG]

The C: drive is the drive I'm booted into. The D: drive is the drive for the other boot drive. You have to change the D: drive to match your drive.

Winuser, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. How to boot off second HDD using EasyBCD - Similar Threads - boot off second

2. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second HDD not recognized.: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop that has a main HDD with Windows 10 Pro, but does not recognize another HDD that's dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Lite.I first tried to connect the second drive internally with the cables connected to the DVD drive. It said "Not...
  3. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second HDD not recognized.: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop that has a main HDD with Windows 10 Pro, but does not recognize another HDD that's dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Lite.I first tried to connect the second drive internally with the cables connected to the DVD drive. It said "Not...
  4. Restore Image to HDD using a second computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Image to HDD using a second computer: My desktop computer failed to boot. Windows was an SSD drive. I have a System Image on an external HDD, in a subfolder. Can I use a second windows computer to restore the the image from the external HDD to the SSD drive I can connect the SDD to this PC also as an external...
  5. Deleted Boot Entry With EasyBCD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Boot Entry With EasyBCD: Except that I fucking didn't... There were two entries on my sister's Lenovo Yoga 720: "Yoga 720 Win 10" and "960 Evo Win 10" The "960 Evo Win 10" entry is a remnant of when I built her gaming rig. I first test-booted that PC with her laptop's boot drive. Later, I...
  6. Screwed up my boot loader with easyBCD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screwed up my boot loader with easyBCD: Okay so, before this my PC’s default boot loader was the grub boot loader when I had manjaro. However, I deleted the manjaro partition and every time I booted, it would say that it’s entering grub rescue mode. I had to press f11 to manually boot into windows. That’s when I...
  7. SSD and HDD boot sequence off

SSD and HDD boot sequence off: I have a peculiar problem. I have a dell Inspiron 3521 laptop. It was running windows 10 as primary OS and Ubuntu as secondary with grub as boot manager. I got frequent BSODs so thought may be the HDD was dying so removed the HDD and replaced it with an SSD and did a clean...
  8. Second HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second HDD: Hello, i have some problems with my additional HDD, it has power and its starts up but i cant see it in my computer. i also entered bios and i cant find a way to “turn on” the second HDD....
  9. Computer will not boot after adding second HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not boot after adding second HDD: I added a new HDD to my desktop. My computer started fine, but did not pick up the new HDD, so I restarted my computer. However, it did not boot. I disconnected the new HDD, but it is still not booting. I keep coming to this screen. [img] I tried solving the issue using...
  10. Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition

Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition: Moderator: If this is the wrong forum for this question, please move this post to the right forum. Has anyone used EasyBCD to book a Linux partition? Can you post how you accomplished that. Thanks in advance.*Smile 58360

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using easybcd to download windows 10 to second drive