Windows 10: How to boot to login screen rather than account?

Discus and support How to boot to login screen rather than account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've built a new PC last week, and installed Windows 10 to it (upgraded from a legitimate 7). Now I've made several accounts for me and someone else... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Clogboy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Clogboy Win User

How to boot to login screen rather than account?

I've built a new PC last week, and installed Windows 10 to it (upgraded from a legitimate 7). Now I've made several accounts for me and someone else (work, play etc) and now I have an issue logging in.

Whenever I (re)boot the PC, it boots straight into the last used account rather than to the login screen. Is there anywhere I can adjust this? Navigating through the settings has gotten a lot less straightforward after 7.
    Any help appreciated.

:)

Clogboy, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Plantje Win User

Boot to start screen in Windows 10

The first item on your list is not the case: it will not directly boot me up to my start screen.

The rest of the steps will only disable the need to enter a password or PIN to login. I will still end up in the desktop rather than the start screen...right?

Plantje, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Shiboby Win User
    VPN and the Internet Status Bar List

and how do I give feedback about the feedback app not working? I'd much rather use website to submit this than and app that after going through the login steps just shows a gray screen.

Shiboby, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Clogboy Win User

Got it. Set my lock screen to Picture rather than Spotlight, not sure if it's a bug but it works for me now.

Clogboy, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. How to boot to login screen rather than account? - Similar Threads - boot login screen

2. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?: My wife and I share a PC in our home office. When we first purchased the computer, she listed herself as the administrator so when I try to change to my account rather than hers', I do not see a way to accomplish getting onto my account. Suggestions?...
  3. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?: My wife and I share a PC in our home office. When we first purchased the computer, she listed herself as the administrator so when I try to change to my account rather than hers', I do not see a way to accomplish getting onto my account. Suggestions?...
  4. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  6. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  7. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  8. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  9. Change startup to sign into Microsoft account rather than local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change startup to sign into Microsoft account rather than local account: I recently had my operating system reinstalled and it was set to sign in as a local account with my name. By using Settings>Users, I've set it to log into my Microsoft account, and with Run>netplwiz, to log in without sign it. Problem is seems to log into my local...
  10. MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary: Hi. I got a new W10 Pro PC. I want an MS Account added, so I can access the App Store etc, but I don't want it to be become my primary login and take over my entire PC. Is this possible? 45530