Windows 10: How to boot windows if motherboard is changed

Discus and support How to boot windows if motherboard is changed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Though this is about Win 7 but I think it will be same for others also. I have Win 7 running on AMD and I am trying to run my hard-disk on new Intel. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam9, Aug 4, 2018.

1. sam9 Win User

How to boot windows if motherboard is changed

Though this is about Win 7 but I think it will be same for others also. I have Win 7 running on AMD and I am trying to run my hard-disk on new Intel. I could not boot. I have new motherboard drivers. I tried to install these while my hard disk still in old PC but these did not install, may be drivers could not find new motherboard. How can I boot my hard disk in new motherboard. I can not go for fresh install for some reasons.

:)

sam9, Aug 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 4, 2018
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to boot windows if motherboard is changed - Similar Threads - boot motherboard changed

2. PC doesn’t boot after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn’t boot after motherboard change: Hello,I replaced my old MSI PRO B660M-E DDR4 motherboard with a brand-new ASUS TUF Gaming H670-PRO. PC starts but a green screen says my Windows 11 Beta build has some problems. So I tried to install again Windows, even from a media installation drive, but the SSD is not...
  3. PC doesn’t boot after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn’t boot after motherboard change: Hello,I replaced my old MSI PRO B660M-E DDR4 motherboard with a brand-new ASUS TUF Gaming H670-PRO. PC starts but a green screen says my Windows 11 Beta build has some problems. So I tried to install again Windows, even from a media installation drive, but the SSD is not...
  4. How to keep using Windows if the motherboard is changed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to keep using Windows if the motherboard is changed.: My PC does not boot. Very possible that I have to change the motherboard. 1. If the SSD is good & Windows on the SSD is good & the SSD can be installed on the new board, how to keep using the Windows? 2. If the SSD can not be used on the new board, both motherboard & SSD have...
  5. How to keep using Windows if the motherboard is changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep using Windows if the motherboard is changed.: My PC does not boot. Very possible that I have to change the motherboard. 1. If the SSD is good & Windows on the SSD is good & the SSD can be installed on the new board, how to keep using the Windows? 2. If the SSD can not be used on the new board, both motherboard & SSD have...
  6. How to keep using Windows if the motherboard is changed.

7. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard change to support Secure Boot: I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win activated.MS info shows Bios Mode as Legacy.Is a win10 repair or clean win install required to enable EUFI bios mode?And if so I may...
  8. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

Motherboard change to support Secure Boot: I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win activated.MS info shows Bios Mode as Legacy.Is a win10 repair or clean win install required to enable EUFI bios mode?And if so I may...
  9. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Change of motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change of motherboard: Hi everybody Can somebody please help, i am shortly going to install a new motherboard and cpu in my pc and i am worried about reinstalling windows on my ssd drive, my original installation was windows 7 retail and i got the free upgrade, my present installation is linked to...