Windows 10: How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10

Discus and support How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is possible to bring back a certain behaviour from win 7,8 on Photo Viewer to win 10. [img] From the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lumine99, Aug 8, 2016.

1. lumine99 Win User

How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10

Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is possible to bring back a certain behaviour from win 7,8 on Photo Viewer to win 10.

How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10 [​IMG]

From the image I uploaded, Win 7-8 would open all images on selected items+selected folders(wallpaper and zGa Jelas) on the photo viewer. Now on win 10, I didn't expect that this feature would be removed. Is there a way to bring this behaviour back?

I'm sorry if my wording isn't right or this has been asked before. Thank you.

EDIT: I've updated my laptop from Win 8. So I already have Win photo viewer.

:)

lumine99, Aug 8, 2016
  2. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 8, 2016
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 8, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

aardvark, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hello @lumine99, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Yes but, you would need to right click on a single image first to get the 'Preview' option from the right click context menu; 'Preview' will not appear when right clicking on a folder only.

As an alternative, you could right click a folder(s) and choose 'Play with Windows Media Player', that will play the entire folder(s) as a slideshow within WMP.

Edwin, Aug 8, 2016
  6. lumine99 Win User
    Uhh I want to open all photos selected AND all photos on the folders. I know that right click+ preview would work on single image. But based on the scenario that I've uploaded there isn't a preview option.

As of WMP, it works, but I can't use zoom in/zoom out. Though it kinda works. But will it work on zipped images?

lumine99, Aug 8, 2016
  7. lumine99 Win User
    lumine99, Aug 8, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Select a number of items/folders, right click on the single image, choose Preview, then you will be able to view those selected items including the items in the folders only. (but starting with the single images)

Edwin, Aug 8, 2016
  9. Kokopelli Win User
    That did it for me as opposed to the registry key the (otherwise great site) HowToGeek tout on their page.

It didn't do anything for me. Other than help add to the registry clutter as if it weren't bad enough as it is.

PS: forgot to say thanks...*Redface and I don't like to appear a lout. Hence the red face. Because I treasure advice that helps and that someone, (a complete stranger at that) has taken the time to investigate and post a reply expecting nothing in return but kudos if it helped. And because...

Glory be! Windows Photo Viewer is back.

Kokopelli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10 - Similar Threads - bring Photo Viewer

2. How to bring back Alt+Tab feature from win 8.1 to win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to bring back Alt+Tab feature from win 8.1 to win 10?: In windows 8.1, I was using Alt+tab to switch between applications and when I press Alt+Tab, it shows all the open windows. But in windows 10, when you press Alt+Tab it only shows 20 most recent opened windows and I can't even scroll or do anything to see all of them at once....
  3. How to bring back Win 10 menu bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to bring back Win 10 menu bar: All of a sudden my WIN 10 menu bar file edit view etc disappeared and so did my bookmark bars. How do I bring them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-back-win-10-menu-bar/088373d2-b8fe-4cf3-b86b-78fdd53b4a3c
  4. Win 10 Photo viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Photo viewer: Win 10 Photo Viewer/Editor works ONLY when Onedrive is "turned-on". Photo V./Editor switches on the goes to a green screen w/various error msg.'s .. Why do I need Onedrive on and the "Sync" service on in order to keep Photo Viewer/Editor keep operating as "usual"; as when I...
  5. How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?: How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. 1) I find my built-in DVD/CD drive was not responding . I did not see this drive in window explorer within drives node. It showed in device...
  6. How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?: How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. 1) I find my built-in DVD/CD drive was not responding . I did not see this drive in window explorer within drives node. It showed in device...
  7. PLEASE bring pack Windows Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE bring pack Windows Photo Viewer.: The Photos app has been painfully slow for me no matter what kind of PC i'm using it's still takes 15 seconds to load a simple png or jpg file. Why don't you guys care about the customer and let us use Windows Photo Viewer, which is 100 times faster instead ? In the previous...
  8. Win 10 Photo viewer not working

Win 10 Photo viewer not working: I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled...
  9. Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10?: Is there any more legitimate solution than modifying the registry which is something not very comfortable to me 80178
  10. Get Windows photo viewer back ..

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Windows photo viewer back ..: Hi All Just got new Dell XPX13 came with wds10 .. and it missing windows photo viewer like 7 or 8.1 .. Can I install it to wds10 and where do i get it ..? Thanks 16620