Windows 10: How to bring Windows to it's default size in Windows 10

Discus and support How to bring Windows to it's default size in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know the question might sound a little wired but here is the issue I accidentally faced with my Windows 10 PC. You can follow the below instruction... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by isaumya, Jul 31, 2015.

1. isaumya Win User

How to bring Windows to it's default size in Windows 10

I know the question might sound a little wired but here is the issue I accidentally faced with my Windows 10 PC. You can follow the below instruction to replicate the same issues in your Windows 10 Environment.

If you right click on the task-bar and select and of the following options, i.e.
    • Cascade windows
    • Show windows stacked
    • Show windows side-by-side

How to bring Windows to it's default size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

you will see that all of your windows sized will be automatically changed to either very small or very large. Now I didn't find any way to undo it and bring my windows size to the previous default one (what was after the Win 10 installation) except manually streaking each window to almost the default size, but again it's not perfect.

So do any of you guys know a way to change the window size back to normal what we get after installing the Windows 10 OS? Please share if you found any solution.

:)

isaumya, Jul 31, 2015
  2. argsurfer Win User

Many thanks Gallardo78. Magic! What a nice surprise to wake up and find a solution this morning. Who would have thought my 23" PC was in tablet mode?

argsurfer, Jul 31, 2015
  3. How to bring Windows to it's default size in Windows 10

I know the question might sound a little wired but here is the issue I accidentally faced with my Windows 10 PC. You can follow the below instruction to replicate the same issues in your Windows 10 Environment.

If you right click on the task-bar and select and of the following options, i.e.

• Cascade windows
    • Show windows stacked
    • Show windows side-by-side

How to bring Windows to it's default size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

you will see that all of your windows sized will be automatically changed to either very small or very large. Now I didn't find any way to undo it and bring my windows size to the previous default one
    (what was after the Win 10 installation) except manually streaking each window to almost the default size, but again it's not perfect.

So do any of you guys know a way to change the window size back to normal what we get after installing the Windows 10 OS? Please share if you found any solution.

P.S: If you try this out you will know that this is just happening not only with the file explorer but also with the browsers and all.

SaumyaMajumder, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. How to bring Windows to it's default size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - bring default size

2. Change default window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default window size: I would like Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to reopen with the same window size it was closed. Currently Windows Media Player always opens with the window size almost maximised fullscreen but not quite, a few millimetres smaller than the screen. This is despite me...
  3. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  4. How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?: Similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/how-do-i-change-the-default-file-explorer-view-to/4dad9764-dcab-420d-bd4e-99301e037be2 The most common advice is go to View > Folder Options > View tab > Apply to Folders, but that...
  5. Reset window size to default

Reset window size to default: Hi, I have been using an AutoTiling program to organize the windows. It has put the windows of very strange sizes, and I wish I could reset this to default like when you use W10 for the first time. Is there an area where this configuration of window position and size is...
  6. Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.

Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.: Hi Microsoft, you can improve the documentation for the setting of the default paper size for application. I noticed the default paper size for Edge, Outlook, ... is taken from the paper size of the default printer. Where is this documented. The discussions on this...
  7. Change default font size in Windows 10

Change default font size in Windows 10: How do I change the font size in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-font-size-in-windows-10/e644cabf-1c1a-40b4-8c7a-dadc6abe5595
  8. Windows 10 - Default page size for printing

Windows 10 - Default page size for printing: Sometime during the last several months, the default page size for "most" of my print jobs has changed from letter to "A7 Envelope". This only occurs when I attempt to print something where Windows 10 opens that newish printing control panel. It seems when I print from an...
  9. How to reset the default size of calculator in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset the default size of calculator in windows 10: Hey guys, Yesterday, I mistakenly clicked on calculator and its size edited so I want to change it default size because its looking weird now. So, can anyone tell me how to reset the default size of calculator in windows 10 ? Regards. 59619
  10. Anyway to default the window size

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to default the window size: I found that all of the window size has been changed. for example, the setting window has been changed too small size. I would like to default all the window size, position to default value(setting, control panel, chrome...etc). Anyway to do that? 105222