Windows 10: How to cancel the Windows Updates in relation to driver updates?

Discus and support How to cancel the Windows Updates in relation to driver updates? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there We got the crashed on machine running on Windows 10 started on last Wednesday and it's been working well for almost 1 month. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dcalliances, Feb 7, 2016.

1. How to cancel the Windows Updates in relation to driver updates?

Hi there

We got the crashed on machine running on Windows 10 started on last Wednesday and it's been working well for almost 1 month. After troubleshooting and restoring, we came across it's something to do with the Intel Drivers Display update that might causing this.

Once we restored the machine, the Windows Updates has already listed the driver ready to install as well all KBs. My question how do I stop/clear this list from running?

To prevent this update automatically on the driver, I went to the System > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings > No. However this only preventing it running in the future and I need to stop appearing from the list as stated previously.

I came across previously with Windows 7 which is relating on one of particular updates that causing stuck on Windows Updates ... I know there is away to stop this action and clear up this updates cataloq. But not sure on Windows 10.

I'm appreciated your feedback and comment.

Thanks

:)

dcalliances, Feb 7, 2016

2. How to cancel security updates in Windows 10

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to cancel the security Update for temporarily added graphics card. I will certainly help you with the issue. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to kindly go through the link mentioned below to cancel/uninstall the unwanted update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Let us know the results. Hope this information was helpful.

Regards,

Ankit Rajput, Feb 7, 2016
  3. How to cancel security updates in Windows 10

Hello, the last option worked well albeit I had to restart and then try to install the updates one last time before they disappeared. Shame this has to be done via a cab file rather than the built in version of W7.

Regards

Matthew

Matthew_953, Feb 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

How to cancel the Windows Updates in relation to driver updates?

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
  6. That's what I did - option 3. For some reason when you Check Updates ... the driver is always showing up and downloading/installing automatically. *Sad

BTW this machine is Windows 10 Home version. There is no option for gpedit etc .

dcalliances, Feb 7, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    RE : the driver is always showing up and downloading/installing automatically

Uninstall it.

Then use the tutorial..............................
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...a.html#option3

Option Three...............To Turn On or Off Automatic Device Driver Installation
    click the link in blue.
    How to Turn On or Off Automatic Device Driver Installation in Windows 10

Then go to Option Two..............To Turn On or Off Automatic Device Driver Installation using a REG file
    Go to Step 3 and click the Download button
    Never_install_driver_software_from_Windows_Update.reg

Then continue to step #4, 5, 6 and 7.

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
  8. How to cancel the Windows Updates in relation to driver updates?

Hi David

The challenge is that once the driver installed, the machine crashed. Then Windows reboot and loads to Recovery option (I put USB recovery on the USB) otherwise just keep in the loop and reboot.

I am not sure how to get in to / by pass to safe mode to uninstall this updated video driver (running UEFI mode BTW) once into this situation.

Thanks

dcalliances, Feb 7, 2016
  9. UPDATE: I didn't see the Intel Corporation Driver Update for Intel Pro Graphics 5200 anymore from the Windows Updates. Strange !!! Looks good now so for no crash.

dcalliances, Feb 7, 2016
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

The problem seems to be it's an ALL or NOTHING approach
    What I think the OP wants is to disallow specific drivers or programs.

Perhaps W10 should (or Could) take a leaf out of the Linux system where you can Blacklist specific modules / drivers and optionally allow or disallow --particularly useful when messing around with things like Nvidia drivers - especially for 3D or specific very high quality Audio drivers.

IMO the best way to proceed though for Windows is NOT to do any updating at all apart from regular Windows defender definition updates (you can get those separately by running Windows defender) and then doing a mega update once in a while. Before doing the mega update backup the running system and if you've also a backup of specific drivers you know cause a problem after a Windows update then install those also after the windows update.

If a computer is running without any problems why tamper with it unless the updates offer tangible advantages.

If W7 is still running OK after all these years I doubt whether skipping a W10 update or two will cause any problems - especially if you haven't got any issues or found any defects before the update.

BTW Intel Graphics drivers are usually better installed from INTEL direct - although AFAIK Ms doesn't have any -- it might well have some HD video drivers which shouldn't break your machine but keep the Intel ones as well and re-install if Ms hoses them up.

Intel usually work -- I find video driver problems occur much more frequently with Nvidia -- these though are usually encountered by people using separate GPU cards - especially on Gaming platforms.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 7, 2016
  11. Hi Jimbo. That's what I told originally about there will be nothing go wrong with Intel driver. Since the machine is iMac running bootcamp on Windows 10 that's a challenge. Looks driver specific to Apple/intel maybe not sure. Anyway it's good to find out what's wrong with it

dcalliances, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to cancel the Windows Updates in relation to driver updates?

1. How to cancel the Windows Updates in relation to driver updates? - Similar Threads - cancel Updates relation

2. How to cancel updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cancel updates: I restarted my computer and now my computer is stuck in this infinite loop of restarting. Says 'Updates are underway', '35% finished' and '100% finished'. This has been happening for 5 hours and I have tried all alt+f10 options and I still cannot access windows 11...
  3. How to cancel updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to cancel updates: I restarted my computer and now my computer is stuck in this infinite loop of restarting. Says 'Updates are underway', '35% finished' and '100% finished'. This has been happening for 5 hours and I have tried all alt+f10 options and I still cannot access windows 11...
  4. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  5. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  6. No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?: There's should be a simple option. A button next to the updatea simple "Cancel". Thing is, the latest AMD drivers for my set just don't worki guess AMD didn't test my A6-6310 apu with r4 and there is a REASON i've already opted out via Radeon settings. Stop forcing it upon...
  7. Cancelled the update

Cancelled the update: I canceled or paused while I was updating the 2004 version of Windows because the update was taking too long, What Will Trouble appear on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancelled-the-update/79628550-d59e-41ff-a25e-c95ea289478a
  8. How to cancel an update

How to cancel an update: I am plagued again by MS doing these automatic updates how can i set my laptop to do them manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-an-update/4231fc5e-8b4b-461a-a90b-e59a389efdfa
  9. How to cancel a pending update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel a pending update: I did a search on this subject and couldn't find anything relative to my problem. Today my W10 2004 laptop had and update and I was asked to install it. I looked at all of the 2004 KB numbers, nothing looked familiar. The message that it displayed when trying to install it...
  10. Performance Related Driver Updates Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Related Driver Updates Question: Hi All If I update the following drivers, that Driver Easy Found, will it affect Windows 10 Sleep Mode from working, the following drivers it says need updating are AMD SMBUS I believe It was, AMD Serial ATA Controller, Realtek Audio drivers, and another one that I can't...