Windows 10: How to capture Windows 10 to a WDT server

Discus and support How to capture Windows 10 to a WDT server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been banging my head against the wall on this all day, so figured I'd try to see if anyone else has had any success. I'm trying to capture a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by teleute, Nov 17, 2015.

1. teleute Win User

How to capture Windows 10 to a WDT server

I've been banging my head against the wall on this all day, so figured I'd try to see if anyone else has had any success.

I'm trying to capture a reference image of Windows 10 for deployment using MDT. I've updated MDT to support Windows 10, so that part seems fine. I cannot find a bloody standalone ISO of Windows 10 with an install.wim (instead of an install.esd) anywhere. I tried using a conversion utility to convert the install.esd to an install.wim, but it says it's not a valid Microsoft installation file. :-( So I decided okay, I'll upgrade a Win 7 machine to Win 10 and then capture it. I do the upgrade, telling it to not keep things so I at least have a clean-ish (if not ideal) install to capture.

Then I reboot it to the MDT prompt and pick my sysprep and capture task sequence (which has worked with Windows 7 in the past). This almost immediately crashes and reboots, with no ability to stop and view/save a log file. I try to create a new capture task sequence, but one of the steps is that it wants the installation media. Which again, I don't have, which is why I'm trying to capture in the first place!!

Tearing my hair out over this. Anyone know how I can break out of this loop?

:)

teleute, Nov 17, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Nov 17, 2015
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Nov 17, 2015
  4. teleute Win User

Got the Tech Bench one to work, although the description loads as "Technical Preview", even though it's the newest download. Weird. I'll deploy it and see what version it actually loads...

teleute, Nov 17, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    The official Microsoft Tech Bench ISO contains WIM files instead of ESD.

Language warning: "English" is English US and "International English" is English GB. Each one can upgrade ONLY the same language, so make sure you download the correct one. I once downloaded the GB version after many hours only to find I cannot upgrade my PC and offered a clean-install *Mad

The full version is Windows 10 and it can install/upgrade both Home and Pro, avoid the other restricted versions unless yours matches them.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to capture Windows 10 to a WDT server - Similar Threads - capture WDT server

2. How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Capture Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11: Capturing screenshots on your Windows 10 or 11 device is a common practice that can be useful for a variety of purposes, including documenting software bugs, creating tutorials, or sharing information with others. There are various methods to capture screenshots on your...
  3. Windows 10 captures Turns off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 captures Turns off.: So as the subject says. its not the gamebar that turns off, that part shows its on. but the captures feature to record in the background turns off and I'll have to turn it on again and then it randomly turns off later.anyone experience this ? I've only found threads of...
  4. Windows 10 captures Turns off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 captures Turns off.: So as the subject says. its not the gamebar that turns off, that part shows its on. but the captures feature to record in the background turns off and I'll have to turn it on again and then it randomly turns off later.anyone experience this ? I've only found threads of...
  5. How to use Web Capture in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Web Capture in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Taking a screenshot is a daily activity that is followed by almost everyone. We […] This article How to use Web Capture in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox captures only capturing on windows fullscreen: I recently built my pc and I play fortnite on it. I started to capture things using the WIN+ALT+G short-key and everything captured fine. Until one day i captured something and it was frozen but i could still hear the audio. I thought it was a one time thing so i ignored it....
  7. windows 10 game capture error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 game capture error: I can't record with game capture, it gives an error. It is in dutch, here is translation (sorry, I have no picture cause I can't take one while it is opened) This pc does not meet the hardware requirements for recording clips How can I solve this? thank you!...
  8. WDT GUI improvements...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WDT GUI improvements...: @ ThemeTeam and those that are good at graphics... I'm re-developing WDT with a modern UI but without XAML. i.e. keeping it portable. With Showkey I'm using a third party for the modern UI, however, I've been working on my own modern UI... Please let me know what I need...
  9. Screen video capture for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen video capture for windows 10: Hi... Does anyone know of a free video capture software that will record screen on windows 10 like fraps used to record on windows 7... A software that does not run on windowed mod and that shows mouse pointer and will record screen when gaming at least 30 FPS... Thanks 30477
  10. How capture lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How capture lock screen: Whenever I reboot, I get a screen that's shades of blue with a lighthouse. This is BEFORE I insert my password. How can I capture that blue desktop screen and use it for my desktop AFTER I've logged into my laptop? Thank you. 90860