Windows 10: How To Change Administrator Email Address?

Discus and support How To Change Administrator Email Address? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I reset email address in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings ? If you Google this question you will get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by beau, Jan 28, 2018.

1. beau Win User

How To Change Administrator Email Address?

How can I reset email address in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings ?
    If you Google this question you will get only instructions only on how to change password. I don't want to change the password, I want to change the email address.

How To Change Administrator Email Address? [​IMG]

:)

2. How to change Windows 10 administrator email address

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the link below and refer to the answer provided by
    Anil Madishetty
    and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Changing administrator email address

Note that a new email address is a whole new Microsoft account, so anything you purchased on the old account will be gone and you'll have to buy it again.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 28, 2018
  3. PKLM Win User
    How to change Windows 10 administrator email address

No, it does not help. It looks like it helps ie it changed the account somewhere, but not to access the computer. My name and my e-mail which I DO NOT WANT THERE are still there. Not your fault. This is a really stupid method on the part of Microsoft.

4. How To Change Administrator Email Address?

You log out of Microsoft user account and log back with your new email address.

FreeBooter, Jan 28, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    I believe you have to sign in to your MS Account online and create an alias email address, then switch to it as your default.

Edwin, Jan 28, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 28, 2018
  7. beau Win User
    Thanks FreeBooter ~
    I've been googling how to sign out and can't find an answer that makes sense.
    For instance, Microsoft's own page says

1)Go to settings (Not control panel)

2)Click on Accounts
    3)In the Your Account tab click on Sign in with local account instead (Above Your Picture)

4)Type in your password and you are done!

but in fact there is no such "Sign in with local account instead" choice on that page.

8. How To Change Administrator Email Address?

I think you first need to create a local account and you should see the Sign in with local account instead from Settings --> Accounts --> Your info.

Why don't you follow @Brink suggestion?

FreeBooter, Jan 28, 2018
  9. Berton Win User
    This is what I see logged in with a Local Account using the 'path' you posted:

Berton, Jan 28, 2018
  10. You are already using Local Account @Berton.

FreeBooter, Jan 28, 2018
  11. Sorry i don't understand OP not seen the Sign in with local account instead option you have option to Sign in with Microsoft account instead.

FreeBooter, Jan 28, 2018
  12. beau Win User
    I followed Brink's link but I don't show the same window as the screenshot in the link, which is

the window I get is

But the problem is that the "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" page has the correct Account Alias email address, but there's a different one (the one I'm trying to change) in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings (as I said in my first post).

BTW, the "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" page has a "Change sign-in preferences" choice, but it brings up a page with the correct email greyed-out and no other choices.

I think I'll just leave things the way they are, after all there aren't any problems that I'm aware of with the current (wrong) email, I'd just prefer to use another.

Thanks everyone for your comments, much appreciated *Smile

13. Try3 Win User

beau,

Is the Admin user account in question actually the Built-in Admin?

If so, that would certainly not offer you the option in Settings, Accounts to "Sign in with local account instead" because MS never imagined anybody being able to change it into an MSAccount in the first place. There are several threads discussion this subject in TenForums but I do not think any of them identified a solution other than reinstallation.

If the Admin user account in question is an account that you created then ignore my post.

Denis

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    beau,

If you like, you could add the email address you want to use as an alias to your Microsoft account, then make it the primary alias.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Change Administrator Email Address? - Similar Threads - Change Administrator Email

2. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  3. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  4. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change administrator email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change administrator email address: I have had a new email address for a while and I made it my primary address in Windows. I have now found that the administrator address is still showing my old email address and when I try to alter this it is asking me for the password for my old email address which I have...
  6. how to change administrator email address to another

how to change administrator email address to another: How do I change my administrator account to another email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-administrator-email-address-to/d4563f8c-821b-4a23-bf4e-ff332b6f5748
  7. Change email address of administrator

Change email address of administrator: Ive typed an email address into the admin and I need to change it. I cannot verify I own it as I don't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-address-of-administrator/a36a24e3-9225-45bc-a37e-5357c9d60ac4"
  8. Changing the Administrator email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the Administrator email address: Hi , I have an old email address for my adminstrator, how can I delete this and update to my new email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-administrator-email-address/59f74682-f69a-4a33-adc0-997805755d66"
  9. changing the main administrators email address

changing the main administrators email address: Hi all, I want to change the main adminstrators (me) email address (at the moment default outlook) but there is no option that I can find. I can create a new administrator with the new email but all of the files and content associated with the current email address will be...
  10. How to change email address of administrator

How to change email address of administrator: How do I propose an administrator change of email to my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-email-address-of-administrator/0058d93e-0404-4380-aed6-86c7622eefb2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change administrator email address

2. change administrater email address