Windows 10: How to change Administrator's name

Discus and support How to change Administrator's name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Like many of us, I have encountered the first of what I feel maybe many problems to come as I learn Win 10. The first of which is how can I change or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dill Pickles, Aug 10, 2015.

1. How to change Administrator's name

Like many of us, I have encountered the first of what I feel maybe many problems to come as I learn Win 10. The first of which is how can I change or edit the administrator's name on my PC. I thought like win-7, I could edit, change, or even turn off password protect.

I find no way to do this, as I'am the only one using my PC, I do not need to sign in with a password every time I fire my PC up. Normally I resort to system restore for most problems, however I don't think that would work in this case.

Any help out there?

DP.

:)

Dill Pickles, Aug 10, 2015

2. How to change administrator name

I assume by local you mean on my computer. I was trying to setup my wife as a second user on our new computer and somehow changed my user name to hers. It told me to long on to her Microsoft account which I did. I then got a message (can't long on to Microsoft
    at this time) When I hit the back button I got a screen asking me what name and email I wanted to use I assumed it meant for her so I put her info in, now when I login it shows her as the administrator.

hwaqgner57, Aug 10, 2015
  3. How to change administrator name

I'm trying to buy word but I couldn't because the administrator's name was my granddaughters. So, now its in my name. Thank you!

Terry Bible, Aug 10, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

How to change Administrator's name

You won't be able do that with an MS account.

Change to a local account: Settings->Accounts->Your Account

5. You talking about your email address you use to sign in via Microsoft account or as a local account?

If local, right click the window start button -> control panel -> user accounts -> manage user accounts. Right click on the username you want to change and click properties. You should be able to change it there.

If associated by email address, you may have to go to the account where the email is and edit it the name associated with the account.

I use live.com for my email login. Go to Start -> Settings -> Accounts -> Manage My Microsoft Account. You can change your account name on there if you have a Microsoft account, for example.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 10, 2015
  6. While waiting for a reply I found this site: How can I change the administrator, Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 (user)?
    It worked , took a few restarts to take hold but following the procedure turned out pretty easy. Able to change Admin User's name, and changed it through out my computer.

However was unable to remove password protect. As in Win-7 through the control panel, user accounts. Win 10 wants a change of password done through their MS site, will not allow no password, so the options are only change it. Updated my Acer to Win 10, it took the Admin name of Acer as I believe that's name used by my network to identity it, I never bothered renaming.

Hope this helps anyone who find themselves with this problem, if anyone finds how to remove password protect I would appreciate knowing.

D.P.

Dill Pickles, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Just checking things and comparing the admin settings on my Acer laptop which does not require a password I found that the name Acer LT is listed as local administrator. Therefore I'm thinking if I set up another user account, then make that account administrator, it too will then be a local administrator. Thus not requiring a password.

Any thoughts on that?

DP.

Dill Pickles, Aug 11, 2015
  8. How to change Administrator's name

Go to Control Panel, then:
    • User Accounts
    • User Accounts (again)
    • Change Your Account Name
    Hope this helps. How to change Administrator's name :)

Rickmerlin, Feb 27, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
  10. Thanks everyone , with your help I found how to do it, bookmarked all the links you guys sent, & hope I wrote down, should I ever need to do again.

DP.

Dill Pickles, Feb 27, 2016
  11. *chuckleTo anyone who wants to change administrator password, just follow these easy steps.

Its a little difficult in windows 10 as compared to windows 7 for new users.

1) Go to settings from "WINDOWS" option.

2) Then select "System".

3) scroll to the bottom on the left side and select " ABOUT".

4) Select "System Info" on the right side. ( New window will pop up).

5) Click on "Control Panel" and select "Change account type" under User Accounts.

6) Select your desired account to change name. ( now it is similar to windows 7 ).

Thankyou.*chuckle

THOMASJIJI410, Nov 14, 2016
  12. Much appreciated, thanks.

Dill Pickles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to change Administrator's name

1. How to change Administrator's name - Similar Threads - change Administrator's name

2. How to change Administrator name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Administrator name?: Just recently got an ASUS Vivobook and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I miss my old, snail paced laptop.One of my main issues is that my Administrator name is not what I want it to be. It has the name I want my nickname under everything else except for the official...
  3. How to change Administrator name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Administrator name?: Just recently got an ASUS Vivobook and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I miss my old, snail paced laptop.One of my main issues is that my Administrator name is not what I want it to be. It has the name I want my nickname under everything else except for the official...
  4. Administrator name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator name change: Hello:I had to do a fresh install on this Dell Airelon and used my microsoft account to name me as administrator through the process since my wife was not available to give me her credentials. This is her computer and I would like to change administrators to her instead of...
  5. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrator Name: How do you change the administrator name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/20ad9d9b-c53a-4b49-a67c-45efd9a0a3c3
  6. How to change the administrator name?

How to change the administrator name?: Hi all, I'd like to change the administrator name. Apparently, during installation, the admin name was chosen as the first 5 characters of my outlook e-mail address (which is not my name). It's not possible to change it via user account settings in the control panel, nor...
  7. change administrator name

change administrator name: How do I change the administrators name with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/7c1a41d8-fc6a-41f0-bf4d-7db648001d71
  8. How to change the administrators name?

How to change the administrators name?: When I wanted to change my administrators name of my PC with windows 10, I couldn't do it. So how to change the administrators name?...
  9. how to change administrator name

how to change administrator name: I would like to change administrator name on all sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-administrator-name/9ebf0b22-2797-439a-a2d9-1d64befba528
  10. Administrator Name Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Name Change: Greetings all. As a follow up, I am going to use the command prompt solution to change my administrator name to match my computer name in order to allow full control of my OS. That being said, is that the correct thing to do? When I set up the computer, I called it...