Windows 10: How to change background settings of the log in screen specifically?

Discus and support How to change background settings of the log in screen specifically? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to change background settings of the log in screen specifically. NOT the lock screen, I've disabled the lock screen in the group policy, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gendalf, Nov 19, 2017.

1. gendalf Win User

How to change background settings of the log in screen specifically?

How to change background settings of the log in screen specifically. NOT the lock screen, I've disabled the lock screen in the group policy, which locks the lock screen settings. If I have the "show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" setting enabled, it just defaults to whichever picture is shown above in the preview for the lock screen.
    I want it to have current desktop wallpaper and follow the slideshow (so it's always the same wallpaper on the sign in screen and desktop).

:)

gendalf, Nov 19, 2017

2. How to change the screen background settings in Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the background to the original.

• Type Themes and related settings in search bar. And click on that.

• Go to Themes.

• Under Windows default Themes select the back ground close the window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 19, 2017
  3. How to change the screen background settings in Windows 10

Original Title[unchanging screen settings]

How can I undo changes I've just made to screen appearance i.e. restore to original background setting etc?

richardbees, Nov 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 19, 2017
Thema:

1. How to change background settings of the log in screen specifically? - Similar Threads - change background settings

2. how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...: trying to change the log-in screen in Windows 11; the screen that appears when I power-up my vomputer befor signing-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-image-of-the-log-in/f39a5853-f891-4d13-8622-ec67ecedd8ab
  3. how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change the background image of the log-in screen before I open Windows/settings/...: trying to change the log-in screen in Windows 11; the screen that appears when I power-up my vomputer befor signing-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-image-of-the-log-in/f39a5853-f891-4d13-8622-ec67ecedd8ab
  4. Changing on-screen backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing on-screen backgrounds: Okay, remember that I am a tech "dinosaur".With Windows 7, I could go into "backgrounds"and CHOOSE which pictures I wanted as my background, on my monitor/display.The pictures that I UN-checked would not be used, by my "display.IN Windows 10, however, I cannot find sucha...
  5. Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color": I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting all the files in...
  6. How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...: I've went through so many sites but didn't find any proper answer. I want to play csgo in 1024x768(4:3) but in borderless windowed mode. When I chose borderless window mode in csgo setting it doesn't let me change the resolution. I have to set window mode to fullscreen to...
  7. background settings change on reboot

background settings change on reboot: I have an HP laptop Windows 10 with all of the drivers updated. Desktop personalization background is set to picture fit to screen. everytime I reboot the setting reverts to background solid color. How do I stop this?...
  8. Change background colour settings

Change background colour settings: How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-background-colour-settings/f468001b-34f2-435c-a69c-dd7a9c20e229
  9. How to Change the Login Screen Background and themes

How to Change the Login Screen Background and themes: Is my first post so sorry if i am not correct in request: 1 - How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 2 - To use different themes respect old tweaks i must use a UltraUXThemePatcher or similar ? Thank Hispa 11637
  10. How to change the login screen background image?

How to change the login screen background image?: I was wondering where the login screen background image is stored? I'm trying to change it to a different image. Thanks. 31131