Windows 10: How to Change Boot order without knowing the password

Discus and support How to Change Boot order without knowing the password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My friend had her grandchildren mess up her computer She lost her administrator password. How can I find the administrator password to be able to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterBadyrka, Jul 10, 2018.

1. How to Change Boot order without knowing the password

My friend had her grandchildren mess up her computer She lost her administrator password. How can I find the administrator password to be able to reset the computer. Or, is there a way to bypass the required password. The Computer is running Windows 10.

:)

PeterBadyrka, Jul 10, 2018

2. Can't Change Boot Order

Cloned original C:\ drive to an SSD drive then followed the windows procedure to get to BIOS to change the boot order:

• Settings
    • Update and Security
    • Recovery - Restart Now
    • Troubleshoot
    • Advanced Options
    • UEFI Firmware Settings
    • Restart
    The last restart does not take me to BIOS. I just get a blank screen. Esc key gets me back to Windows, but I don't want to format the original C:\ drive for other use until I am able to change the boot order. How do I do that?

GregCowling, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue How to Change Boot order without knowing the password :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin How to Change Boot order without knowing the password :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

zekrahminator, Jul 10, 2018
  4. How to Change Boot order without knowing the password

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

How to Change Boot order without knowing the password

1. How to Change Boot order without knowing the password - Similar Threads - Change Boot order

2. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  3. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  4. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  6. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  7. how to change boot order

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot order: Hi, I currently have 2 bootable windows 10 hdds, 1 on C drive, 1 on E drive, currently when i restart the comp it boots into E: with C: as a secondary, however i want it to be the other way around boot to C: with E: as secondary. I tried swicthing the sata cables but it still...
  8. Change Windows 10 boot order without UEFI/BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows 10 boot order without UEFI/BIOS: I am running a Macbook pro with dual boot. I never use my OS X side, and so I set my computer to boot into Windows at startup and all is well. Or was well, until today, I got a new SSD for Christmas and migrated the data from my old drive to the new one. I then extended the...
  9. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  10. Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck: Did a re install with boot disk, not when the computers boots, its asking for the boot disk. I tried changing the startup order in the Bios having the HDD with windows installed on it as the First, but it still will not load without the boot disk. 103288

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change boot sequence without password

2. change boot order without password

3. how to change the boot orderf without admin