Windows 10: How to change brightness on a desktop computer?

Discus and support How to change brightness on a desktop computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering, if anyone knows, how to change brightness on a desktop computer? My monitor is connected via DVI and it does not allow it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Dec 10, 2016.

1. How to change brightness on a desktop computer?

Hi, I was wondering, if anyone knows, how to change brightness on a desktop computer?

My monitor is connected via DVI and it does not allow it, it is locked at 50%, but it looks like 100%.

I can change color modes via monitor, text is like 25%. but it has to be possible to change it somehow.

:)

TairikuOkami, Dec 10, 2016

2. change to desktop

Cortana came onto the computer and asked to change the brightness on desktop. I am not sure if I clicked ok. now my desktop background is dark. how do I reverse or change this back to how it was

GrahamBechdholt, Dec 10, 2016
  3. QC991 Win User
    can't adjust display brightness Win 10

Hi, thanks for the help, looks like you can’t adjust the brightness for desktop on windows 10 I looked at the laptop with windows 10 and it lets you change the brightness it seems like I can only use video card software to change the brightness
    on desktops

QC991, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

How to change brightness on a desktop computer?

Do you mean Brightness as in Black Level?
    Or backlight setting?

Cliff S, Dec 10, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Should be a Menu on the monitor bezel.

How to change brightness on a desktop computer? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 10, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    If your monitor doesn't have a backlight setting, you'll need to adjust the Brightness(black level) and Contrast(white saturation) manually either on the monitor or through your graphics card, to make your screen brighter or dimmer looking.

You can go here: LCD monitor test images to calibrate your screen, and while there, at the bottom, you can also download it.

Also to really fine tune, download the MP4 file version of the AVS HD 709 Calibration tools, you will only need to use the Basic Setting folder(unless you own a colormeter): AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
    I luckily have a custom setting on my HP 27vx so I can set it for my room in the evening when the light is on, otherwise I can use the Technicolor setting just fine during the day. For setting your grayscale, do that on you graphics card.

With these tools you will be able to perfectly calibrate your graphics card and monitor so it will show true contrast when dimming your screen. This can be important for graphics work and gaming so there is no color clipping.

Cliff S, Dec 10, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member

This is the one I use from AVS. It has flashing bars so you can see the difference better, in the black you should only see 28 thru 17 flashing, and as many bars in the white as possible.

Cliff S, Dec 10, 2016
  8. dencal Win User
    Open Settings and repeatedly click on enclosed rectangle until you get what you require.

dencal, Dec 10, 2016
  9. How do you open that screen? My Settings looks nothing like that? Tablet mode maybe?

alphanumeric, Dec 10, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    That option is probably on his laptop, not his desktop*Wink

Cliff S, Dec 10, 2016
  11. I've never seen that screen, on my laptop or desktop PC.Not that I can remember?

12. labeeman Win User

That screen is in your action center at the bottom when you go to see a alert.

labeeman, Dec 10, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Dec 10, 2016
  14. I thought that might be the case and just found it when you posted. I had to click expand to see all the tiles.

Thema:

1. How to change brightness on a desktop computer? - Similar Threads - change brightness desktop

2. How to change my brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my brightness?: I know this sound stupid, but i really can't find the brightness change button which is usually under display in the settings, i only see the night light setting. The picture below is my settings page.Is there a setting i have to change before setting the brightness or is...
  3. How to change my brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my brightness?: I know this sound stupid, but i really can't find the brightness change button which is usually under display in the settings, i only see the night light setting. The picture below is my settings page.Is there a setting i have to change before setting the brightness or is...
  4. How to change my brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change brightness on computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change brightness on computer?: I don't have a laptop so I can't change it. I tried everything. The only way I can do it is by changing the brightness of my monitor, but changing the brightness of my monitor is very complicated and I would prefer not to have to do it all the time. submitted by...
  6. Changing brightness on desktop monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing brightness on desktop monitors: Why is there no brightness slider for external monitors..? Instead of using the buttons maybe windows could be able to create a black colour covering the whole screen, the brightness could be changed depending the what opactity the black mask is. The back light will be the...
  7. Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop

Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop: Hi All, My query is related to Brightness control in Display settings. I find that in windows 10 running on my desktopDell, the brightness does not change when I move the scroll bar, but in the windows 10 installed in my LaptopDell this works. Please note both desktop and...
  8. Brightness will not change

Brightness will not change: So I recently did a full reset of my PC and reinstalled windows to remove a bunch of loose solidworks files. After my reset I deleted the old windows by using the cleanup hard drive option. Everything is working fine however I cannot change my screen brightness now. I have...
  9. How to change the screen brightness?

How to change the screen brightness?: I have a Dell, I'm not able to change the screen brightness. Its very hard to see. Any help is appreciated! ***Moved from other/Unknown /Other Windows apps***...
  10. Changing Brightness

Changing Brightness: Brightness of screen on my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series is not changing while previously it was working very well. I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-brightness/505d1876-4e81-45b6-8079-957b47929064