Windows 10: How to change C drive User Name?

Discus and support How to change C drive User Name? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the only user of my pc, and I am the administrator etc but the user name shown in the C drive is John and I want to change that to Pete. I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pjcactus, Dec 14, 2015.

1. pjcactus Win User

How to change C drive User Name?

I am the only user of my pc, and I am the administrator etc but the user name shown in the C drive is John and I want to change that to Pete.

I have drives C and F

In C the user is called John
    In F user called Pete
    Start/File Explorer/This pc/Local Disc (C*Smile/Users/John
    Start/File Explorer/This pc/Local Disc (F*Smile/Users/Pete

Q2 How do I rename user John to Pete in the C drive?
    Thanks
    Pete

:)

pjcactus, Dec 14, 2015

2. How to change a user file in C drive

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why your files go to a different folder in your computer. This could be caused by the account settings being used or the default file path being used by the accounts in your computer. For us to resolve
    your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When you to signed in to your computer, did you link the local account to your existing Microsoft account?
    • Did you originally use the local account created when they did troubleshooting on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

For additional information regarding changing the name of the user profile folder in Windows 10, kindly refer to the post of
    Greg Carmack - Windows MVP in this
    thread
    that has been marked by our community member as to have resolved their concerns. This post explains what changes can be made regarding account names and also about the user profile folder name.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Dec 14, 2015
  3. How to change a user file in C drive

The option to rename the user profile folder in your computer is currently not yet implemented. You can check the details on what methods are available to rename your account and get the correct user profile folder name by follow the steps posted
    by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP in this
    thread
    . We encourage you to submit your issue using Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information
    about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submission in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the
    status of your feedback items.

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press
      + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or
      Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've complete the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted. (it may take a while to appear)
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link in your response. (It will look like URL Managerlink>)

Feel free to reach out to use for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Dec 14, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

OldMike65, Dec 14, 2015
  5. pjcactus Win User
    Thanks for that but think will leave well alone..have a feeling I may raise more probs than cure! How to change C drive User Name? :)
    Pete

pjcactus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change C drive User Name? - Similar Threads - change drive User

2. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the user name in c DRIVE?: users/usernam in cmd . How to change this username https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-name-in-c-drive/d557cf71-4e23-44f3-96a3-be39e9cf4fcc
  3. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the user name in c DRIVE?: users/usernam in cmd . How to change this username https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-name-in-c-drive/d557cf71-4e23-44f3-96a3-be39e9cf4fcc
  4. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. c:\Users\name change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\Users\name change: In my Users directory my name is a number, 19728, shown as C:\Users\19728. When I transfer files in other programs the number shows and I need it to be my name. How can I change this to be:C:\Users\Dennis ???Please let me know, Dennis...
  6. how i change my users name in c drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how i change my users name in c drive: how can i change my users name from C:\Users\BARADA PRASAD SAHOO To Barada Only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-my-users-name-in-c-drive/c23683ef-9ebc-4e31-aab5-78dac56e6f6e
  7. How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?: How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-folder-names-in-c-drive-users/e81a57f3-22c0-4123-975f-c73aedacd8a6
  8. changing user name in drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing user name in drive c: Can and how do I change my user name in drive C on my new computer to match my old computer so that my files from my photo book will link correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-user-name-in-drive-c/35393109-666d-4897-a2d1-55c5596899f0"
  9. C/Users/*name* change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    C/Users/*name* change: I got this new W10 computer and the guy that set it up for me put in 'owner' as the default name, it's what shows up when booting. If I change the name to something that I would rather have, does it affect all the things under the /User/owner/.... folders, so that some...
  10. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.: I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c...