Windows 10: How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?

Discus and support How to change device when plugged into the audio jack? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I plugged in my earphones, the notification would pop saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" With this, a window would pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ariannakim, Apr 5, 2016.

1. How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?

Whenever I plugged in my earphones, the notification would pop saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" With this, a window would pop up saying what kind of device I had plugged in and would give out the options: headphones, earphones, headphones with microphone, etc.

I clicked on headphones with microphone and ticked the box "don't show this message again". But now, whenever I Skype with someone, they can hear the videos and music I'm listening too even with my earphones plugged in.

How do I change the device from headset with microphone to just earphones? How can I make this pop up window open up again whenever I plug something into the audio jack? How can I change the settings?

Here's a picture similar to what kind of pop up window I'm talking about:

http://fud.community.services.suppor...b-2a64e0f07a98

:)

ariannakim, Apr 5, 2016

2. Realtek pop up help

Q: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

I have a small problem that should be fairly easy to answer. A quick reply would be nice. I am new to Windows 10, and When you plug in a device to the audio jack, a box used to appear asking me what device is plugged in. Now that box does not pop up when
    I plug in a device. How would I get it to pop up again? I have Windows 10 with realtek HD audio drive. Any more info can be provided.

gabrielsarra, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Default audio device problem after a recent update for Windows 10.

After update there was no audio from speakers. After searching for the problem I changed the default device to speakers (before it was headphones). Now there is no audio from headphones. Every time I have to change the default device from head phones to
    speakers and vice versa. Windows is not recognizing when I plug-in the headphones. Any idea how to solve this?

chandrakanthnethi, Apr 5, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?

Try typing Sound in the search box them select change sound card settings. You can set the default playback device and recording device. You can also set one as the default communication device. See if that helps.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2016
  5. Hello ariannakim Welcome to the Ten Forums!

Even with ear buds, corded or wireless headphones being plugged in that only mutes speakers at your end and has nothing to do with what the microphone picks up for sounds in your immediate surroundings going over Skype to your contacts. The mic sensitivity would be the item of interest adjusted by the Windows sound mixer as far as Input by lowering the level down a bit

The fast and easy option for getting to the Communication tab on the Control Panel>Sound> settings screen is a fast right click on the Volume control>Sound mixer option found right in the System notification area. Once the right click menu appears clicking on either Playback or Recording devices will bring up the settings screen where you then open the Communications tab to find options like muting background 80% if not muting everything as well as doing nothing which is the default there. For the 3rd party sound ware either for onboard if not an expansion card you may find a mixer there for lowering the mic level you can test actively to watch the pulsing decrease when lowering as well as increasing when raising it up.

How to change device when plugged into the audio jack? [​IMG]

The other option would be using a less sensitive microphone separate from the head set you have there or turning music, tv, etc. down or off when planning a live chat. When there is no sound in the background there's nothing for the mic to pick up. In the settings you can also mute the sounds Windows assigns to various functions as well.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?

1. How to change device when plugged into the audio jack? - Similar Threads - change device plugged

2. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  3. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  4. Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...: I am using the MI Notebook 14 with the device model XMA1901-DG. I have been using Sony MDR-EX255AP in-ear wired headphones, and usually, when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears, allowing me to select whether it is a speaker or headphones. However, recently,...
  5. Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...

Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...: I am using the MI Notebook 14 with the device model XMA1901-DG. I have been using Sony MDR-EX255AP in-ear wired headphones, and usually, when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears, allowing me to select whether it is a speaker or headphones. However, recently,...
  6. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  7. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  8. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  9. Automatically change audio device output when plug in headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change audio device output when plug in headphone jack: I use a laptop connected to a external monitor with built-in speakers and I usually set the monitor as the audio output but whenever I'm on a call or want to use my headphones plugging them on the headphone jack port I have to mannually change the audio output back to my...
  10. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the type of device that is in my jack port

2. how do i change what device i just plugged in from headphones to headset

3. how to select what device is plugged into audio jack