Windows 10: How to change file icons on desktop

Discus and support How to change file icons on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If a file is saved on the desktop it is often not possible to change the icon associated with it. For example a pdf file usually has an Adobe Acrobat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by scottrh1, Nov 16, 2016.

1. scottrh1 Win User

How to change file icons on desktop

If a file is saved on the desktop it is often not possible to change the icon associated with it. For example a pdf file usually has an Adobe Acrobat Reader icon which cannot be changed. However it is possible to change the icon if the file is saved elsewhere, for example in the Documents folder, and a shortcut is created on the desktop. Right click on the shortcut icon, click properties, click the 'shortcut' tab and then click "change icon".

:)

scottrh1, Nov 16, 2016

2. how to change enalrged desktop icons on Windows 10.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand the monitor shows enlarged
    desktop icons on the computer.

Before assisting further, did you try changing the icon size on the desktop?

You may be facing the above changes on your desktop due to the altered icon view settings. I suggest you to check if you are able to change the icon size by following the steps below:

• Right click on the desktop hover the mouse pointer over at View option.
    • Select Medium icons or Small icons (according to the requirement) from the option.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 16, 2016
  3. how to change enalrged desktop icons on Windows 10.

Original Title: Icons

My desktop icons suddenly became larger after my younger cousin used my laptop, how do i fix this?

Dave Ohioma, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

How to change file icons on desktop

1. How to change file icons on desktop - Similar Threads - change file icons

2. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  3. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  4. How to change "hitboxes" for desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change "hitboxes" for desktop icons.: I want to find a way to make the interactive box on my desktop icons fit to the icon itself. To clarify, I want to be able to change the size and shape of the intractable/clickable part of the icon without changing the size/shape of the icon itself. Can anyone point me in a...
  5. how to change icon size on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change icon size on desktop: how do I change icon size on desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-on-desktop/b7843bff-0843-401b-a295-3b71ce3068a0
  6. How to change the desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the desktop icons?: Ok so I bought a custom theme called Paranoid Android, how do I get the icons from the folders onto shortcuts? submitted by /u/McLuvinMan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f12hfc/how_to_change_the_desktop_icons/
  7. how to change the desktop icon

how to change the desktop icon: There is no place to chose customization like the rest of the folders for the desktop icon ... (as seen in pic) 131788
  8. Desktop icons changed...

Desktop icons changed...: Suddenly, most of my desktop file/folder icons have acquired two opposing blue arrows in the top-right corner of the icon. What does this mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changed/dedee99f-72a0-47a7-bb61-d514efd0e8c4
  9. Changing Icons On Desktop

Changing Icons On Desktop: Hello, all. Is there a way to change to icons on the desktop from stock image to something custom, like a picture? If not a picture, then just a different icon? I am mainly thinking of the folders with their generic folder icons. Thanks for the feedback. bug 94787
  10. How to change the Desktop Icon Font

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the Desktop Icon Font: I recently got a huge Windows 10 update and now I can't change my desktop icon font. The menu option was actually removed from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, but there was a registry way to do it, that seems to no longer work [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\IconFont] -...