Windows 10: How to change fonts in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to change fonts in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With Windows 7 it was possible to change the fonts used by Windows for title bar, menus, popups, etc... This way I could get rid of "anti-aliased"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Squickly, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Squickly Win User

How to change fonts in Windows 10?

With Windows 7 it was possible to change the fonts used by Windows for title bar, menus, popups, etc...
    This way I could get rid of "anti-aliased" fonts such as Segoe UI that are blurry and use "aliased" fonts such as Tahoma that are sharper and much more readable for me.

That and disabling ClearType give me the right fonts display configuration.

But I cannot find this fonts configuration dialog in Windows 10.

Where can I find this dialog for Windows 10 (sorry about the french snapshot):

How to change fonts in Windows 10? [​IMG]

:)

Squickly, Feb 4, 2016
  2. sagarjatt Win User

how to change fonts in asha 311

but i wamnt punjabi fomts as system fonts

sagarjatt, Feb 4, 2016
  3. how to change fonts in asha 311

You can change the device language in settings=>language...

Sijin---01, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Squickly Win User

So, apparently there is a solution how to change this via regedit:

But I have no idea how to edit those, can someone explain me a bit how to change those values to Tahoma?

Squickly, Feb 4, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It is the same as before. No need to get into the registry to muddle with that setting.

Still in the Control Panel as before.

bro67, Feb 4, 2016
  6. Squickly Win User
    Really? Could you tell me exactly where in CP? I never did it via Control panel, I always did it via left click on desktop then personalize and then color and that's where I opened the options to change font from the picture above... but idk how to find it via control panel..

Squickly, Feb 4, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    You could try Winaero Tweaker - you can change fonts under the Advanced appearance settings

Cleartype is in Control Panel > Display > Adjust ClearType text (or you can just search for ClearType)

lx07, Feb 4, 2016
  8. Squickly Win User

THANKS a lot! Winaero Tweaker did the job.

Squickly, Feb 4, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Squickly same place that it has always been in Display properties. The only reason that they are going to the stupid tablet interface for settings. Is that Microsoft's Engineers and Sales people do not have a clue.

bro67, Feb 4, 2016
  10. Squickly Win User
    In display properties I can only change font size, not font itself. (ie. Segoe UI to Tahoma for Title bars, etc)

How to change fonts in Windows 10? [​IMG]

Squickly, Feb 4, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    My fault. They removed 'control.desk.cpl.2' or 'control.desk.cpl@appearance' from the latest build.

Microsoft needs to leave the builds alone and stop stripping features out.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change fonts in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change fonts

2. windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font: hii have seen this problem with others but couldnt find solution for it,i changed the font using the registery method, it did but the search bar stopped workingi have restored the font back to default and restarted several services like the other methods said but it seems to...
  3. windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font: hii have seen this problem with others but couldnt find solution for it,i changed the font using the registery method, it did but the search bar stopped workingi have restored the font back to default and restarted several services like the other methods said but it seems to...
  4. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  5. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  6. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

7. Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...

Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...: Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font like the "logo of the Wikipedia" or to default? Previously it was like as shown in the first image....
  8. Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font...: Suddenly Bengali font styles has changed in web pages and applications, how can I set font like the "logo of the Wikipedia" or to default? Previously it was like as shown in the first image....
  9. How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.: Hi all. Pls this is really urgent. I have a spanish document in New Times Roman but whenever i apply a different font type, the diacritic letter suddenly disappears. So, the space for the letter just becomes white like i used a bar space. How do i correct this or make sure...
  10. How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.

How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.: Hi all. Pls this is really urgent. I have a spanish document in New Times Roman but whenever i apply a different font type, the diacritic letter suddenly disappears. So, the space for the letter just becomes white like i used a bar space. How do i correct this or make sure...