Windows 10: How to change Function/Action keys default?

Discus and support How to change Function/Action keys default? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer has developed a little glitch where every time I turn it on it switches the function keys to default, instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BleedingRain, Sep 18, 2015.

1. How to change Function/Action keys default?

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer has developed a little glitch where every time I turn it on it switches the function keys to default, instead of the special action keys. I've tried switching it in settings but it does nothing. I've tried switching it in the Bios menu. Also nothing. I hate having to press the [Fn] key every time I want to pause a song or change the volume or the screen brightness, but the system seems determined to force me to do so. Can anyone help?

Windows 10
    Toshiba Satellite C55-A
    64 bit system

:)

BleedingRain, Sep 18, 2015

2. How to change use of function keys in HP Laptop's?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you want to change the default settings for Function Keys.

Please be informed that the function keys' settings depend on PC maker's utility. You may refer to the PC provider's manual for more information.

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 18, 2015
  3. How to change use of function keys in HP Laptop's?

Hi,

I use HP Probook, model no. hp15-ac052tx. After purchasing it, I realise to work on excel and use regular functions of F1, F2 and other keys, I have to press Fn+F1, Fn+F2 and so on. This not only reduces my working speed but it is also a lot irritating.

I am seeking help if any one knows how to change the Fn keys to use regular options of F1, F2, etc. without the Fn key and special features such as increase/decrease in volume, brightness, etc. with the Fn key.

Regards,

Kush

Kush Trivedi, Sep 18, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

How to change Function/Action keys default?

topgundcp, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

How to change Function/Action keys default?

1. How to change Function/Action keys default? - Similar Threads - change Function Action

2. How to change function to quick acces key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change function to quick acces key?: Hi. I bought a new notebook and over the Function Keys F1, F2, F3, etc it has a couple of great quickaccess such as raising or lowering the volume and brightness, etc. The thing is, one of the most important ones is pause/play media and is not here. I want to change the F7...
  3. How to change function to quick acces key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change function to quick acces key?: Hi. I bought a new notebook and over the Function Keys F1, F2, F3, etc it has a couple of great quickaccess such as raising or lowering the volume and brightness, etc. The thing is, one of the most important ones is pause/play media and is not here. I want to change the F7...
  4. How to Change Default Lid Open Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Change Default Lid Open Action in Windows 10: [img] In Windows 10 version 1607 and later, the Lid open action setting (if supported) in Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is opened when waking (resuming) from sleep, hibernate, or modern standby. Users can specify...
  5. Function/Action Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function/Action Keys Not Working: Hello, After the Windows 10 feature update version 1909, my labeled function keys no longer work on my keyboard unless I press the function key alongside it. Previously I was able to press, lets say, my F12 key, which is labeled as brightness increase, and the brightness of...
  6. Change function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  7. Default Actions

Default Actions: How can I change the default actions taken when plugging in USB devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-actions/d26e20ea-7007-4296-9813-32faca0edb64
  8. how to change function keys?

how to change function keys?: I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want to just press f11. How do I go about this?...
  9. Change Windows default email action?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Windows default email action?: I used Gmail in Chrome to send/receive my email. When I click on an email address that is on a website or anywhere else, Windows by default opens it's own email window and wants me to use that rather than Gmail to send & receive messages. I want no part of that and would like...
  10. Changing Explorer Default Action

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Explorer Default Action: For htm files, the default windows action is Open. Click on it and it opens the file in your browser. Problem is I don't want to do this. I want to edit the htm file, but I can't seem to find anything to change the default. This doesn't seem to be an option anywhere. I could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change function/action keys default