Windows 10: How to change how folder views are displayed

Discus and support How to change how folder views are displayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I double click to open a folder I get an extra pane on the right side that is useless to me and takes up real-estate. How to I change the view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snifferpro, Aug 21, 2015.

1. How to change how folder views are displayed

When I double click to open a folder I get an extra pane on the right side that is
    useless to me and takes up real-estate.

How to I change the view options to eliminate that extra pane.

Attached are 2 images - one showing the extra pane, and the other showing how I'd like
    my folder views displayed.

:)

snifferpro, Aug 21, 2015
  2. How How Win User

I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Aug 21, 2015
  3. How can I set a default so that files and folders are displayed using the view option "LIST"

Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout settings.

2. Navigate to the View tab in ribbon bar on the top and change the settings per your wish. You can change the layout and choose the folder details to display, add extra panes, adjust column width, etc.

Set a default Folder View for all folders

3. Once done with the changes, click Options to open Folder Options window.

4. Click the View tab in Folder Options window.

5. Click on Apply to Folders button.

How to apply a folder's view settings to all folders in Windows 10

6. Click Yes on the confirmation window that pops up.

How to apply a folder's view settings to all folders in Windows 10

7. Click OK on the Folder Options window to save the settings.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2015
  4. How to change how folder views are displayed

Hello,
    No problem here's how
    Go to File Explorer and select the View Tab; on that Tab you will see on the top left a option to shut that on or off.

1029rjmenvy17t, Aug 21, 2015
  5. I can turn the preview pane on or off, but that window remains but is empty

snifferpro, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Found the answer.

Press Alt + P to turn on or off.

snifferpro, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Ok, great so are you all set?

1029rjmenvy17t, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to change how folder views are displayed

1. How to change how folder views are displayed - Similar Threads - change folder views

2. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  3. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  4. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to change multi-folder view Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change multi-folder view Windows 10: Hello, I'm having an issue with a personlization option. I was using a program with while running automatically set windows to least pretty to optimize performance. Sadly since then on the task bar when I try to naviage between windows it just lists it like that whereas...
  6. How to view a shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to view a shared folder: 30 minutes ago I finished setting up sharing folders on my PC with the Microsoft Surface Book (SB) over a WiFi network. Thanks for you excellent tutorial How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10. I set up a folder to share, but I don't know how to navigate...
  7. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?: Windows10 1809ver. How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view? on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name, the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1 I am not asking for "detail"...
  8. How to change display in folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change display in folder: Hi. Can someone tell me how can i change display in (music) folder? To be more specific i want all the folders with tracks to show only Name and Bit rate. I set it to look like that when i first got Windows 10 but i forgot how and now system has updated and everything went...
  9. How to change default Folder View of Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default Folder View of Search Results: Hello, After installing an update a few days ago I am encountering a number of extremely annoying issues I didn't previously have. Whenever I use the Search Box in the File Explorer, it almost always displays the results using the "Content" view. If I switch it to my...
  10. Folder View menu, how to change

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder View menu, how to change: In Windows 10 when I go to the View in File Explorer I sometimes see the Show/Hide menu as a list if checkboxes in the menu, and sometime it seems to change to a drop down. I dont really understand how to change this (I prefer the list). Ive tried every option I can see in...