Windows 10: How to change icons in start menu?

Discus and support How to change icons in start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by treypop, Feb 24, 2018.

1. treypop Win User

How to change icons in start menu?

I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?

:)

treypop, Feb 24, 2018
  2. smithjt Win User

How To Change Desktop Icons in Windows 10

How do I change the icons in windows 10/ The answer given does not answer my question.

smithjt, Feb 24, 2018
  3. How To Change Desktop Icons in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    Let us try to create a new user account and check if the issue persist:

• Press Windows logo key +R, and type
      ms-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Other users.
    • Under Other users, select Add someone else to this PC.
    • At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
    • At the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.
    • Select Finish.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 24, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @treypop , welcome to tenforums! *Smile

What icons are you referring to, Apps, Win32 programs, folders?
    Could you share a screenshot or two indicating your desires?

Edwin, Feb 24, 2018
  5. treypop Win User
    How to change icons in start menu? [​IMG]

I'm wanting the icons in my start menu to be the same as the icon pack I have installed.

treypop, Feb 24, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    I take it you mean those ugly manila folder icons?
    Can't do it! *Sad
    Only way you'll achieve a workaround is to make shortcuts of those folders, but they'll only be shortcuts not actual cascading folders! *Sad
    (Been workin on it for ages!) *Wink

How to change icons in start menu? [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 24, 2018
  7. treypop Win User
    Even if I replace my imageres.dll ?

treypop, Feb 24, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

Tried it! I don't think they reside in imageres.dll, I think they're written up in a manifest somewhere!

Edwin, Feb 24, 2018
  9. treypop Win User
    How hard would it be to find that manifest?

treypop, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change icons in start menu? - Similar Threads - change icons start

2. How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?: Hi,Is it possible to change the icon of a particular folder in start menu in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icon-of-a-particular-folder-in/382e7321-8837-474f-9600-2bd3ea0abda8
  3. How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?: Hi,Is it possible to change the icon of a particular folder in start menu in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icon-of-a-particular-folder-in/382e7321-8837-474f-9600-2bd3ea0abda8
  4. How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu icons changed.

Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  6. The calculator icon changes on the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator icon changes on the start menu: Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-icon-changes-on-the-start-menu/61545bf9-1b0c-40e1-83d1-cbb12a048400
  7. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  8. Changing Start Menu Icons?

Changing Start Menu Icons?: How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793
  9. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  10. How to change Start Menu icon?

How to change Start Menu icon?: How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10. I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the...