Windows 10: How to change install location for program such as Google Chrome?

Discus and support How to change install location for program such as Google Chrome? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just joined this forum and love it thus far. I'm hoping to get some information and answers in regards to my dilemma. I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by camxza2, Mar 27, 2017.

1. camxza2 Win User

How to change install location for program such as Google Chrome?

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum and love it thus far. I'm hoping to get some information and answers in regards to my dilemma.

I recently installed Windows 10 on an SSD and have an HDD for extra storage. My question is if I can change the location of installing applications such as google Chrome? I really want my SSD to only store Windows 10. I know some users have tried changing the drive letter in the registry but I don't know if it's safe.

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks!

:)

camxza2, Mar 27, 2017

2. how to install google apps such as youtube and google maps on nokia 701 please help ??

Google maps and Youtube work fine on my N8 running Symbian Anna....

Gilbertd---01, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Tahvo Win User
    how to install google apps such as youtube and google maps on nokia 701 please help ??

Google hasnt updated Google maps or Youtubep player for the Symbia 3. Thats why Google maps doesnt work and Youtube works on the lowest quality posiple and freezes on the Flash player. They dont want Nokia to get better phones then they make.

Tahvo, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Most programs will allow a Custom install which can point to a different partition or drive. I use it frequently to custom install larger programs and put downloads on a different partition, have a 1TB drive partitioned as 150GB for C: and 780GB as D: for other things, named the partition as Data but could be whatever up to 11 or 13 characters.

Berton, Mar 27, 2017
  5. camxza2 Win User
    Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately Google Chrome doesn't allow custom installation and attaches right to the OS drive

camxza2, Mar 27, 2017
  6. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Mar 27, 2017
  7. techyview Win User
    techyview, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change install location for program such as Google Chrome? - Similar Threads - change install location

2. google chrome default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome default program: Hello.I notice that when choose for example google chrome as the default browser when reopen settings is unmarked.Is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-default-program/770337ee-d87b-451c-86bf-87bb7c49a36d
  3. google chrome default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome default program: Hello.I notice that when choose for example google chrome as the default browser when reopen settings is unmarked.Is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-default-program/770337ee-d87b-451c-86bf-87bb7c49a36d
  4. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the writing location for programs: I am trying to save space for my steam games and I was doing a routine clean up when I noticed that in my hard drive E, there were programs saving and installing there. I intentionally do not install programs there and never save data there other than steam games. What...
  5. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the writing location for programs: I am trying to save space for my steam games and I was doing a routine clean up when I noticed that in my hard drive E, there were programs saving and installing there. I intentionally do not install programs there and never save data there other than steam games. What...
  6. How to change the writing location for programs

7. Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?: So... I'll try to keep it short. I put a caddy on my laptop (for who doesn't know what that means, I sacrificed my dvd-rom for more disk space), and I put in a 250gb (not the precise number) SSD in my main slot. I was planning on cloning the older 700gb (same) HD onto my...
  8. how to install google chrome as browser

how to install google chrome as browser: how to install google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-google-chrome-as-browser/1611a953-4c79-46bc-963c-9369156f5a83
  9. How to Move Google Chrome to Specific Location ???

in Browsers and Email
    How to Move Google Chrome to Specific Location ???: I don't use Chrome, but I have just downloaded the Enterprise standalone installer... Chrome Browser for Enterprise | Download & Support ...and installed Chrome on my test machine (1709, Windows 10 Pro). I can confirm that... a) even the Enterprise installer offers no...
  10. Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Download Folder Location in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Google Chrome Default Download Folder Location in Windows [img] Information By default, Google Chrome downloads to the %UserProfile%\Downloads folder for your account. If you like,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change google chrome install location

2. google chome specify install location