Windows 10: how to change login on lockscreen to just numbers on win pro

Discus and support how to change login on lockscreen to just numbers on win pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, during one of the insider previews, we were able to change the login at the lock screen from our password, to a 4 digit number..The next insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wase4711, Jul 31, 2015.

1. wase4711 Win User

how to change login on lockscreen to just numbers on win pro

So, during one of the insider previews, we were able to change the login at the lock screen from our password, to a 4 digit number..The next insider preview changed that back to having to login with your password again.

On my wife's win 10 home version, she has several ways to login; password, face recognition, numeric password; is there a way to do any of that on windows Pro, or is there different security protocols that restrict how we can login on Pro?

thanks

:)

wase4711, Jul 31, 2015
  2. _Drew Win User

Windows 10 lockscreen

I got windows 10, and I can't find out how to disable the lockscreen, I don't want to type in a password everytime or a pin number. I also want to know how to how to change the wallpaper on the lockscreen, I know how to change the cover of the lockscreen
    but when I swipe up I enter the password login screen and the 2nd wallpaper is the windows 10 logo, I want to know if I can change that and how.

Thanks

_Drew, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Lock screen issues after suspend

So recently this started happening on my Windows 10 installation: after putting the computer to sleep and waking it up after some time I don't see the lockscreen and clock, I just get taken directly to the login page. Locking works and after bootup the lockscreen
    is present, it is just after suspend that the lockscreen is not there.

I tried changing the lockscreen background and changing settings in personalisation options but this didn't help. I also tried resetting the power plan preferences. That fixed the issue but after booting up the next day, the problem appeared again. If it
    is of any importance, I have been changing the display language recently (including the login screen and lockscreen language) and I have disabled the option to display tips on the lockscreen but no other connected settings have been changed. Is there any way
    to fix my problem?

Patryk Michalik, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Scramjet Win User

I just decide to change my lock screen also. I tried the group policy procedure and still cannot change the lock screen picture. I also have Windows 10 Pro. A google search tells others are having the same issue *Sad
    Sure hope someone knows a workaround.

cheers

Scramjet, Jul 31, 2015
  5. wase4711 Win User
    its funny that the Home version has so many options, and the Pro has none..

wase4711, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to change login on lockscreen to just numbers on win pro - Similar Threads - change login lockscreen

2. When I click "log in" in the lockscreen it just returns to the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click "log in" in the lockscreen it just returns to the lockscreen: Hi I recently purchased a dell laptop and I was able to set it up and use it normally the first time it booted up. The next day when I was turning it on and was met with the lockscreen I tried using the fingerprint sensor but it said that my pin was required to log in, but...
  3. When I click "log in" in the lockscreen it just returns to the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click "log in" in the lockscreen it just returns to the lockscreen: Hi I recently purchased a dell laptop and I was able to set it up and use it normally the first time it booted up. The next day when I was turning it on and was met with the lockscreen I tried using the fingerprint sensor but it said that my pin was required to log in, but...
  4. Login option for windows 11 and 10 before that just not showing on the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login option for windows 11 and 10 before that just not showing on the lockscreen: So I'm using both a PC and a laptop HP zbook with the same windows account. On my pc, I could easily setup a PIN and use that to login from the lockscreen. However, on my laptop it just doesn't work first on Windows 10, now the same on Windows 11. In settings > accounts >...
  5. Login option for windows 11 and 10 before that just not showing on the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login option for windows 11 and 10 before that just not showing on the lockscreen: So I'm using both a PC and a laptop HP zbook with the same windows account. On my pc, I could easily setup a PIN and use that to login from the lockscreen. However, on my laptop it just doesn't work first on Windows 10, now the same on Windows 11. In settings > accounts >...
  6. How to change lockscreen password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change lockscreen password: how to change lockscreen password in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lockscreen-password/63d4a656-d025-46c0-b894-24d7c8bfe58f
  7. how to change this number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change this number: https://imgur.com/MLVCT6t submitted by /u/kdruss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isfzc1/how_to_change_this_number/
  8. Can't change my login pin number.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change my login pin number.: I am unable to change my account pin number. I already have one attached I know what it is but if I go to sign in options it says a pin is not in use. **** There is no option to reset my pin since according to Microsoft there is no pin but I sure as hell have to put one...
  9. Change lockscreen windows 10 pro 18.03

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change lockscreen windows 10 pro 18.03: Hello, i've been reading a lot about the fact that with windows 10 PRO 18.03 we couldnt change the lockscreen. only the enterprise,edu version could do it. i would like to have an answer from somone that works for microsoft please or a solution that works. i created a...
  10. Lockscreen Refuses to Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen Refuses to Change: When I first installed Win 10, one of the first things I did was to set a new Lockscreen pic. I uses the lockscreen pic as the sign-in pic so I have that option ticked. A few days ago, though, I decided to change it, and it refuses to change. The sign-in is always the old...