Windows 10: How to change my home page back.

Discus and support How to change my home page back. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and have chosen Google as my home page. This morning I got a message from Norton (my security... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Feathers, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Feathers Win User

How to change my home page back.

Hi All, I have been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and have chosen Google as my home page. This morning I got a message from Norton (my security software) telling me to upgrade for free to Norton Safe. I did this and now it has made Norton Safe my home page. Try as I might I cannot revert back to using Google as my home page! I've followed all the instructions carefully and having made the change I've then rebooted but STILL the Norton Safe comes back as my home page! Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how I can revert back to Google home page.

:)

Feathers, Aug 6, 2017

2. Why is my screen split in two horizontally with task stuff across the top?

when opening to the internet on my desktop the screen is split in two horizontally with task stuff I don't want. How can I change it back to full scree? Also I have been trying to change my home page but it keeps going back to msn home page.

jerzgirlnfl, Aug 6, 2017
  3. stazicat1 Win User
    Windows 10 Homescreen

I must have hit a wrong button and my windows 10 home screen has changed. How to I get my original home page back?

stazicat1, Aug 6, 2017
  4. How to change my home page back.

What Browser are you using? Or do you mean Windows 10 Background?

Josey Wales, Aug 6, 2017
  5. Just go into options in firefox and change it back to Google. Delete Norton's URL If this is what you have tried I would go back to your previous version of Norton. There may be an option in Norton to not have it as your home page..

Josey Wales, Aug 6, 2017
  6. Feathers Win User
    No, it just doesn't allow me to change it back. I've done precisely as you have kindly suggested but without success. Are you able to suggest how I change back to the previous version of Norton? Kind regards.

Feathers, Aug 6, 2017
  7. Do you still have the Norton.EXE file from your prior version or an image of Windows 10 that you can use to restore from prior to this upgrade?

Josey Wales, Aug 6, 2017
  8. How to change my home page back.

What is Norton Safe Web?

Everyone knows that the Internet is huge, there are many online threats like viruses , phishing , and spyware there's a lot of unsavory Web sites out there—Web sites that will try to deceive you, steal your credit card numbers or passwords, or even crash your computer. By the time you visit a Web site it's usually too late The damage has been done, you've been had. So, how can you find out if a Web site is a safety risk before you visit it?
    The answer is right here!
    Norton Safe Web is a new reputation service from Symantec . Our servers analyze Web sites to see how they will affect you and your computer. Then, using the Norton Toolbar installed on your PC, we let you know how safe a particular Web site might be before you view it. If you need to find out more about how a Web site might behave, we provide more detailed information right here on Norton Safe Web .

How to get involved?

Create an account

Signing up for an account is easy—you just need to pick a user name and a password, and enter your email address. We won't be sharing your email address with anyone, and we send very few emails. Sign up for Norton Safe Web Account to get started! If you are already a Norton user and have a valid Norton Account, it will work here too, so you don't have to create another account!
    Write a review of a Web site

Share your stories and experiences—good or bad—about any Web site that you feel strongly about! Help others avoid the same pitfalls that you've gone through on some sites. Plus, let us know which sites are extraordinary and exceptional.

If the above is what you have just log out of it.

Josey Wales, Aug 6, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Just to be sure, on this screen in FF, click Restore to Default.

How to change my home page back. [​IMG]

Then type: "www.google.com" (without quotes) and exit options.

How to change my home page back. [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 6, 2017
  10. He has already tried that TC. In Firefox Extensions or Plugings there has to be something from Norton. Just look at your extensions/Plugins and disable anything that is Norton.

Josey Wales, Aug 6, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    I put the pics there because he said it would not let him change it. If you don't do the Reset to Default first, you can't type in that box. That was the reason for the post.

f14tomcat, Aug 6, 2017
  12. Feathers Win User
    There's something quite strange going on here: Once again I have gone through all the steps kindly suggested by both Josey Wales and f14tomcat but still it reverts the the Norton Safe home page. Each time I go through the procedure I don't feel like I've actually completed the change. I keep looking for something like 'APPLY' to click but there's nothing there. Am I missing something perhaps?

Feathers, Aug 6, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

I don't think you are. I just did those steps on mine. Changed from Google to Bing, click Home button and it went to Bing. Changed it back to Google, click Home and it went to Google. Norton must have something jammed in there like a fishhook. I don't do Norton, so you're back to Josey's suggestions.

f14tomcat, Aug 6, 2017
  14. Feathers Win User
    Do you think it might be an idea if I speak to someone at Norton on their 'live chat' facility?

Feathers, Aug 6, 2017
  15. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Feathers,
    Check firefox addons for safe search and disable it, then you should be able to set your home page.

Eagle51, Aug 6, 2017
Thema:

1. How to change my home page back. - Similar Threads - change home page

2. My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers: After a couple hours from restarting my laptop my laptop starts to go back to the first page it started on. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-going-back-to-the-home-page-on/8970dd2a-d116-4169-ab95-679e12c25c4c
  3. My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers: After a couple hours from restarting my laptop my laptop starts to go back to the first page it started on. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-going-back-to-the-home-page-on/8970dd2a-d116-4169-ab95-679e12c25c4c
  4. how do change home page to yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do change home page to yahoo: change my homepage to yahoo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-change-home-page-to-yahoo/bd858501-b706-4928-aedf-66aee51ce7d7
  5. changing home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing home page: How can I change my home page back to google without using the non-existent tool bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-home-page/77d5e6bf-fe6c-47d9-b27a-b933e9a4c900
  6. change my home page

change my home page: Using Microsoft Edge Don't want their homepage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-home-page/b3dfe85a-fe76-429e-8457-8ebc7a7d6f18
  7. how do I setup a home page?HOME PAGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I setup a home page?HOME PAGE: How do I setup a home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-setup-a-home-pagehome-page/91226166-2e9a-41ca-b750-6db7fc8722be"
  8. change default home page

change default home page: How do I set my default home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-home-page/db1f2a28-b067-436f-b75d-fc31362d9604
  9. How to change Windows 10 Home SL back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change Windows 10 Home SL back to Windows 10 Home?: I recently made an installation media of Windows 10 1803 from a separate computer and installed it on my own, for some reason the resulting OS was W10 SL whereas I'm quite certain that originally my Windows 10 was the normal Home edition. Presumably, this is because the media...
  10. Change " edge" to different home page

in Browsers and Email
    Change " edge" to different home page: Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried >>> Microsoft Edge Startup Page - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ................... and it goes back to this page...