Windows 10: how to change office 2010 program icon ie excel word

Discus and support how to change office 2010 program icon ie excel word in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; good day all curious as to how do i change ms office program icons ie excel, word i have office 2010 i can change other programs but not these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dmesal, Nov 2, 2017.

1. dmesal Win User

how to change office 2010 program icon ie excel word

good day all

curious as to how do i change ms office program icons ie excel, word i have office 2010

i can change other programs but not these ones.

Many Thanks in ADV

DME

:)

dmesal, Nov 2, 2017
  2. doc55 Win User

Samsung Omnia II won't show Mobile 2010 application icons after otherwise successful upgrade.

Mobile Office 2010 loads onto my Samsung Omnia 2 (WM 6.5) but cannot be accessed directly via any icon - as it leaves no icon anywhere I can find to actually get to the applications. Microsoft indicates it will create one, new icon from which the various
    apps (MS Word, Excel, etc.) are available as additional icons. Tried loading twice to no avail. The program Shortcuts loaded themselves under Windows->Start Menu->Programs->Office Mobile 2010. The 2010 apps are indeed in there but I can use them only if
    I attempt to open an existing MS Word doc, for example.

doc55, Nov 2, 2017
  3. MikeLo321 Win User
    Installed Office Mobile 2010 but still have 2007 as default

I recently installed the free update for Office 2010 from the Marketplace. There were no errors. I was prompted to restart, which I did, but now in my programs list I have:

Excel Mobile

Excel Mobile 2010

OneNote Mobile

OneNote Mobile 2010

PowerPoint Mobile

PowerPoint Mobile 2010

SharePoint Workspace Mobile 2010

Word Mobile

Word Mobile 2010

Regardless of which version I click on, the older version opens. I am not able to access any of the 2010 applications, only the 2007 versions. The original Office is not listed in my Remove Programs. How do I correct this? Either remove the old version
    or at least overwrite the original version, or change the default to the new version?

I am running Windows Mobile 6.5 on HTC Imagio.

Thanks.

MikeLo321, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

The possible Installer Created shortcuts may hold certain privileges,

create copies of the shortcuts and change the icons of those.

Edwin, Nov 2, 2017
  5. dmesal Win User
    Thanks Edwin

Sorry to Say that didn't do it for me

Many Thanks Though

i see the icebaby icon packs with all the diff icons, some work real easy others not so i know there is a trick to it

i'm scouring the TUT's now for any clues

Thanks Again

DME

dmesal, Nov 2, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    What didn't work!? *Confused

how to change office 2010 program icon ie excel word [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 2, 2017
  7. dmesal Win User
    well i go to the four square start button, click the ms word tile/button, open the location of the shortcut, on the short cut tab in(try to hit the change icon button it dosn't work)

then i copied and created a new short cut on the desk top tried to change that icon (nothing)

i know i'm missing something*Huh

DME

dmesal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to change office 2010 program icon ie excel word - Similar Threads - change office 2010

2. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  3. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  4. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  5. Excel 2010

Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  6. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  8. Office 2010 Excel: two sheets

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 Excel: two sheets: I have Office 2010 and I know there is some trick to do this, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have two monitors and at work I have the same setup. Person who use to work there I heard said it was a hack that they added to my system so I don't know what that is. Here is what...
  9. Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared: I unintentionally uninstalled Windows 10 yesterday by restoring Windows 7. I immediately reinstalled Windows 10 but now my Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 shortcuts don't allow me access and say they are not installed and I can't find where I can get them back....
  10. Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2010 prob with word: Good evening to all at W10 forum. I have office 2010 on my windows 10 desktop,ZooStorm one recently bought. Now the problem is with word when I go and type a document then go to file to save as a annoying box comes on screen asking me to click yes or what ever else in on...