Windows 10: How to Change "OpenDocument Text" to WordDocument Formatting

Discus and support How to Change "OpenDocument Text" to WordDocument Formatting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10 -- 1709 Version. But this is a Word question. Can I get help with this problem here? One of my documents is labeled "OpenDocument... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Writer, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Writer Win User

How to Change "OpenDocument Text" to WordDocument Formatting

I have windows 10 -- 1709 Version. But this is a Word question. Can I get help with this problem here?

One of my documents is labeled "OpenDocument Text"; how can I change this to a Word Document?
    I have Word 2016. I have tried >File >Options >Save and then I chose "WordDocument (*.docx) in the drop-down menu, but it doesn't change the formatting of the "OpenDocument Text."

Can anyone help with this question?

:)

Writer, Feb 27, 2018
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Feb 27, 2018
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Feb 27, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Feb 27, 2018
  5. Writer Win User
    I don't have "Open Office," so I don't understand how this document got formatted that way.

I tried the Converter, but I couldn't get it to Download.

I came up with a "work-around": I copied and pasted the document into an empty Word Document. It seems to be OK.

I'm sure that someone with more expertise could get the converter to work for them. Thanks for your help.

Writer, Feb 27, 2018
  6. spunk Win User
    The online converter is pretty simple. Step 1 browse to the file you want to convert, step 2 choose what format you want to convert it to (ie) .Doc etc, and then Step 3 type your Email address and they will Email you the converted document.

spunk, Feb 28, 2018
  7. spunk Win User
    The online converter is pretty simple. Step 1 browse to the file you want to convert, step 2 choose what format you want to convert it to (ie) .Doc etc, and then Step 3 type your Email address and they will Email you the converted document.
    If you don't want to share your Email address, then try this Online converter: Convert PDF to Word | Online .doc converter
    The title says PDF to Doc, but it will convert any Text document to DOC.

spunk, Feb 28, 2018
  8. Writer Win User

Thanks for the additional option for converting. I'll use one of them the next time this problem comes up.

Writer, Mar 10, 2018
  9. iko22 Win User
    You could have saved an OpenDoument to a Word Document within Word 2016.

File > Options > Save did not work for you because File>Options>Save only customises the default settings for Word word processor.

What you wish to do is reformat a particular document into a new file format.

To do this in Word, you select File > Save As ; choose a location you wish to save to or select Current Folder; enter file name ; change save as type to word document from the drop down list; click save.

You will then have a new document saved in the word document file format.

iko22, Mar 10, 2018
  10. sgage Win User
    Open Document Text is precisely NOT a proprietary format - it is, well, open! MS Word can open .odt files, then you can SAVE AS a Word .doc/.docx file. If you only have the one file, or a few, that's the way I'd do it. If you have a lot, there are macros that will convert a whole folder full at one go.

sgage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Change "OpenDocument Text" to WordDocument Formatting - Similar Threads - Change OpenDocument Text

2. Save web document as text format ?

in Browsers and Email
    Save web document as text format ?: How to save web document as text file for ms edge just like internet explorer ? 178141
  3. Download format files. How to change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download format files. How to change?: So i am trying to get a file downloaded but it keeps downloading as a Photoshop file. how do i change the default way that it downloads to like a pdf or a jpg. submitted by /u/dovice_YT [link] [comments]...
  4. How to change the format for file time stamps

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the format for file time stamps: Googling yielded only how to change the date itself. That is not what I want. I want theformat changed. Currently, file time stamp dates display as 2020-4-16. I want it to show as 16-04-2020 or 04-16-2020. The year is useless to me in the grand scheme of things. Going into...
  5. how to make date format change permanent

how to make date format change permanent: My windows date-format default setting is dd/mm/yyyy I have an application which requires the format to be in yyyy/mm/dd, which I did make the change in windows settings. However I noticed that the change will be reverted back from yyyy/mm/dd back to dd/mm/yyyy automatically...
  6. How Change Date Format in Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Change Date Format in Calendar: Hi I am using the Calender app (not the flyup calendar from the task bar). The one found in Start> Calendar. The format of the dates in the calendar are US ie 1st August is displayed as 8/1. Since I'm in Australia, I prefer to see 1/8. All other date setting in my Windows...
  7. Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop

Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop: In all versions of Windows prior to the latest Windows 10 version 1809, it was possible to make text and other items larger or smaller and instead of changing the size of everything on the desktop, it was also possible to only change the format and text size of specific items...
  8. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. change text format by default

in Windows 10 Support
    change text format by default: Hi Guys, I have W10 and I use MS WORKS as my word processor and I want to default font to my choice. Can anyone tell me how to do this please. 121226
  10. how to change to english format

how to change to english format: how to change to English format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-to-english-format/f2a2841a-0ae6-4945-893e-3a8f9666d69c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change from opendocument text to word document