Windows 10: How to change permisitions

Discus and support How to change permisitions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wish to change the sound of C:\windows\media\Alarm01.wav file but the only one who can change the securtiy is a Trusted Installer. How do I become a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by blockie, Mar 18, 2016.

1. blockie Win User

How to change permisitions

I wish to change the sound of C:\windows\media\Alarm01.wav file but the only one who can change the securtiy is a Trusted Installer. How do I become a Trusted Installer? I own the computer and am admin.
    Bill

:)

blockie, Mar 18, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Mar 18, 2016
  3. How How Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Mar 18, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

"Trusted Installer" is a system account that owns most of the system files. Even an elevated admin account does not have permissions to modify or delete these files. If necessary it is possible for an admin account to take control of these files but this is a minefield for the unwary with potentially disastrous results for your OS. Modification of any files in the windows folder or it's subfolders should be left to experts who fully understand the implications.

LMiller7, Mar 18, 2016
  5. blockie Win User
    How is it possible? I only want to replace the one wav file with a different sound.

Bill

blockie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change permisitions - Similar Threads - change permisitions

2. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  3. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  4. Changing a Security Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. PowerToys changes format to HEIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerToys changes format to HEIC: - Installed PowerToys to Windows 11.- Took photos that were transferred from iPhone to Windows 11 and resized them.- Photos has a HEIC format but opened fine on Laptop.- Checked PowerToys settings, and Image Resizer settings but couldn't find anything to suggest that they...
  6. PowerToys changes format to HEIC

PowerToys changes format to HEIC: - Installed PowerToys to Windows 11.- Took photos that were transferred from iPhone to Windows 11 and resized them.- Photos has a HEIC format but opened fine on Laptop.- Checked PowerToys settings, and Image Resizer settings but couldn't find anything to suggest that they...
  7. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  8. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  9. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...