Windows 10: how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

Discus and support how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I wanted to reset my PC I picked local reinstall and now it asks for a recovery media. How can I change it to cloud download as this window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dmytro Dudarenko, Dec 3, 2023.

1. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

When I wanted to reset my PC I picked local reinstall and now it asks for a recovery media. How can I change it to cloud download as this window doesn't appear anymore? Thanks

:)

Dmytro Dudarenko, Dec 3, 2023

2. Media Cloud on Intranet

Killer_Rubber_Ducky,
    Just to recap after talking with you....
    The school is a private school funded 100% by donations so money is tight (isn't it with everyone?) which is why you are looking for a solutions (or combination) to build this...

Existing hardware includes:
    • 10gbps fiber network backbone to all buildings
    • 20 buildings in plan for media distribution (equal to 20 managed switches)
    • 100 mbps inside all buildings from 1gbps fiber ports through managed switches
    • 15 Servers - Windows, VmWare, & Linux (Linux for web servers, LDAP, Radius, and Wireless Controller). Linux builds installed on virtual machines with vmware ESXi.
    Media to be distributed:
    • Existing media converted to digital (CDs, DVDs, VHS, etc....)
    • Any new digital media purchased (or licensed) by the school
    • Pictures
    • Documents (viewing only)
    • Streaming (Netflix, Pandora, etc....) NOTE: Access to this needs to be controlled on a user basis. Students should not have free access at all times...
    Design intent:
    • Client Side Experience:
      • Controller (perhaps touch screen device) provides access to the media and controls what is played and where it is played (locally on the controller as a preview or on the Monitor).
      • Monitor - (LCD TV / or other connected via IP on network or to controller?)
      • User Authentication required (to access the media library) looking to Active Directory (LDAP) for permissions.
    • Server Side Experience:
      • Manage All Client Devices (Add, Remove, Schedule, IP Assignments, etc...)
      • Client Statistics (see history, current, and other statistical data)
      • Media Management (Add, Delete, Approve, other)
      • User Accounts (This is for the management of this media system only. Access is controlled by Active Directory permissions and provided through LDAP).
    Your mention of the "cloud" only implies the physical concept for the media server using vmware (or other virtualization app) to host a Server image and manage data thru-put. Right? Since the school is exploring a purchase of a new server loaded with RAM - This may be a good idea...Any throughts from anyone else?

Did I leave anything out?

candlemaker, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Media Cloud on Intranet

That is an extremely well thought out plan with plenty of information that I was not aware of. As my work with the school network included: getting old PCs up and running, configuring new routers and switches and sorting old hardware along with the occasional maintenance of my folks machines. There is a way to connect *NIX and Mac devices to a LDAP protocol seamlessly now. Here are a couple of useful links:

Endpoint Protection - Symantec Enterprise

LDAPClientAuthentication - Community Help Wiki

Settingup an FTP Server on Ubuntu with ProFTPD – Ubuntu Geek

I hope hose articles can assist you on your project to make everything blend together well.
    Several of us have come to the conclusion that while MythTV aka Mythbuntu is initialy moderately challenging to set up, when it is set up it is perfect as a low cost solution as a media center.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Dec 3, 2023
  4. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

Media Cloud on Intranet

Hi, I'm working with my old High school where my folks work. The school is a boarding school with like 10,000 acres. What I'm explaining here is the relative size of the campus. The school wants to setup a cloud network for streaming media. The idea is for the cloud server to connect to the internet and cache everything for the Intranet. The thin client things ( unsure what to call them ) need to be located in each room and they need a touch screen and controller to let users select the media they wish to view (Netflix, blockbuster, youtube, local media, Facebook, etc.) and the Cloud server would Cache everything and allow the Intranet to view it all fluidly. (on command) The intranet is Fiber. It has Wireless as well. They want Linux and either a Custom build machine/interface or a pre-built machine that fits the purpose of Internet and Media on the Intranet. Again, the idea is that the Cloud server will be the main link to the Net. I have included a Mind Map image of the Idea.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

1. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud? - Similar Threads - change recovery media

2. Backup Recovery from Cloud - How To ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Recovery from Cloud - How To ?: Got a new laptop and had to send it back immediately for battery problems. Made backup to the Microsoft cloud - which I can't locate now and desperately need.Anyway, they reinstalled Windows 11 and wiped-out Microsoft Home Office and student as well as Firefox and other...
  3. Backup Recovery from Cloud - How To ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Recovery from Cloud - How To ?: Got a new laptop and had to send it back immediately for battery problems. Made backup to the Microsoft cloud - which I can't locate now and desperately need.Anyway, they reinstalled Windows 11 and wiped-out Microsoft Home Office and student as well as Firefox and other...
  4. does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB

does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB: Im really obsessed with cleaning my system to get the maximum performance as im having poor device, so i would like to ask if reinstall windows 11 from the cloud left more remnants compare to manually reinstall windows 11 by media devices like USB....
  5. does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB: Im really obsessed with cleaning my system to get the maximum performance as im having poor device, so i would like to ask if reinstall windows 11 from the cloud left more remnants compare to manually reinstall windows 11 by media devices like USB....
  6. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?: When I wanted to reset my PC I picked local reinstall and now it asks for a recovery media. How can I change it to cloud download as this window doesn't appear anymore? Thanks...
  7. which is better cloud reinstall or local reinstall

which is better cloud reinstall or local reinstall: which is better cloud reinstall or local reinstall? pls help me with this and i have another question It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean when my PC is back and running after the reset, it will be turned on? Can you...
  8. which is better cloud reinstall or local reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    which is better cloud reinstall or local reinstall: which is better cloud reinstall or local reinstall? pls help me with this and i have another question It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean when my PC is back and running after the reset, it will be turned on? Can you...
  9. which is better cloud reinstall or local reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media: Hello. Should I create my USB Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media for my Windows 10 PC when its right out of the box - before the first set of Windows updates?...