Windows 10: How to change spacing in Windows explorer

Discus and support How to change spacing in Windows explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this is the original view of my windows 10 (1607, build 14393,447) [img] and this is the view of windows 10 in tablet mode [img] how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deawin, Dec 22, 2016.

1. deawin Win User

How to change spacing in Windows explorer

this is the original view of my windows 10 (1607, build 14393,447)

How to change spacing in Windows explorer [​IMG]

and this is the view of windows 10 in tablet mode

How to change spacing in Windows explorer [​IMG]

how do I change the normal windows 10 spacing to be like the second screenshot (windows 10 tablet mode) spacing? of course without have to enable the tablet mode
    So I want using normal windows 10 with spacing like windows 10 tablet mode without using tablet mode
    is this possible?
    Thanks

:)

deawin, Dec 22, 2016
  2. Mornon Win User

Changing spacing in file explorer

Yesterday I got the new update of Windows 10, and the first thing I noticed is the spacing in file explored changed, now there is a big empty space on the left if you use Tiles layout; here you can see pre-update and post update, in the red rectangle there
    is the additional spacing: Imgur

How can I remove that spacing and restore the old, no-spacing version? I found just how to change spacing on Desktop, but that's fine - I need a way to change it just in file Explorer with Tiles layout.

Mornon, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Arghhhh! Win User
    Viewing File Explorer as single spacing instead of double spacing

File Explorer (the [unnecessary] new name for Windows Explorer in W10) displays files and folders in a double-space format, which means the screen can only show half as many lines as it could if it were single spaced. How do I change it to single space?

Arghhhh!, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

It was renamed to File Explorer beginning in Windows 8.

If you intended to post images/screenshots they didn't make it. Using Tablet mode in Notebooks/Laptops does change the view of things, pretty much the "nature of the beast" to use a phrase that's been around for a while. Tablet mode also exists on Desktop installations, at least it's on mine with a 21.5" monitor, and can be turned on to give a view similar to always maximized. I could plug in the USB cable to activate the touch screen but I use it on a KVM.

Berton, Dec 22, 2016
  5. deawin Win User
    link of screenshot is updated.

deawin, Dec 22, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I always have a bit of trouble with touch screens, even on a Smart Phone, due to the bluntness of my finger tips, could be the reason tablet mode has more spacing to accomodate that. Maybe set to the desktop mode and use a stylus for accuracy? I use a flip phone while my wife uses a Smart Phone and she does fine.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change spacing in Windows explorer - Similar Threads - change spacing explorer

2. Ctrl+Space in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Space in Windows Explorer: Until recently, I've used arrow keys to move up and down to a file, and I was able to select it using Ctrl+Space.Now, when pressing Ctrl+Space some kind of preview appears and I'm no longer able to select multiple files....
  3. Ctrl+Space in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Space in Windows Explorer: Until recently, I've used arrow keys to move up and down to a file, and I was able to select it using Ctrl+Space.Now, when pressing Ctrl+Space some kind of preview appears and I'm no longer able to select multiple files....
  4. Larger Spacing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Larger Spacing in Explorer: Windows Version: Version Dev (Operating system compilation: 21337.1000) Hi! I've got a little problem. No matter when I open Explorer.exe (File Explorer), I have larger spaces between files, folders, etc. (Screenshot at the bottom). Anyone have a solution? Thank you in...
  5. How to change free space into unallocated space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change free space into unallocated space?: Normally shrinking a drive gives us an unallocated space. But when I shrinked a volume, I got free space instead of unallocated space. [ATTACH] What to do? Ask me any question if you have doubt regarding this....
  6. Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing: Hi there, Not too sure what this is called, but how do I reduce the height (marked as the red line in the screenshot) without affecting the breadcrumb font size? Also how do I increase the spacing in the dropdown, as they look real cramped up to me.. [img] 169725
  7. How to Change Icon Spacing Settings

How to Change Icon Spacing Settings: Summary: This discussion covers changing icon spacing settings on the desktop. More Information: Windows 10 no longer lets you change icon spacing settings because the ability to change desktop appearance - like changing fonts for the title-bar or changing colours for...
  8. how to change to single spacing in wordpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to change to single spacing in wordpad: None of the suggestions for single spacing in wordpad seem to work. The control+1 idea wipes out all the highlighted text. I just want to write a simple single spaced letter. Thanks...
  9. how to change explorer indents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change explorer indents: How do change indents in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-explorer-indents/0ff6c61f-89c6-4b71-b98c-99f6b134894d"
  10. how to change Explorer theme?

how to change Explorer theme?: Can you help me to change the new Explorer dark theme because I don’t like it? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-explorer-theme/aee6427f-ac40-49b7-b93d-d8ab08dd5f75

Users found this page by searching for:

1. increase spacing in windows 10 file explorer desktop computer

2. change file explorer to single dpace

3. windows 10 file explorer double spaced

4. change windows explorer to double space,
  5. file explorer line spacing,
  6. spacing in file explorer is changing,
  7. windows explorer double spaced,
  8. changing text spacing in explorere,
  9. win 10 double spacing text in folders,
  10. windows explorer double spaced lines,
  11. how to change line spacing in explorer,