Windows 10: How to change Start menu context menus

Discus and support How to change Start menu context menus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by swtat, Dec 18, 2016.

1. swtat Win User

How to change Start menu context menus

Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done?

:)

swtat, Dec 18, 2016
  2. swtat Win User

Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done?

How to change Start menu context menus [​IMG]

How to change Start menu context menus [​IMG]

swtat, Dec 18, 2016
  3. AndreePin Win User

Hi,

In regards with your query, there's no way of which the More option can be moved into the main context. But what you have in mind is a good suggestion. What we can suggest is for you to provide feedback through Windows Feedback app. You can get the feedback
    app through this link.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

The Win 10 start menu has few customisable features, unfortunately.

dalchina, Dec 18, 2016
  5. Flissa Win User
    Try the free Start Menu X or Stardock's Start 10 if you want more control and a much clearer layout. Personally I hate the Win10 menu.

Flissa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change Start menu context menus - Similar Threads - change Start menu

2. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  3. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  4. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  5. Win10 Start Menu cascading menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Start Menu cascading menus: Is it possible to have the cascading menus with Win 10 as were in Win7? You put your mouse over a folder and it opens up, I can't find out how to do this with 10. Many thanks 40037
  6. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  7. How to change of context menu ?

How to change of context menu ?: Hi, Is there any way to change the right click menu from white to black ? As you can see in the picture the right click menu is white and i cannot find the reg key to change the color to black *cry Or if anyone has some thing i can install to change the color then i...
  8. Cascading menus in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascading menus in Start menu: Anyone know if I can get back cascading menu in Start menu - so I can access my folders and Word files. I really miss this from Win7. The search isn't good with Win10. I'd prefer to glide to a file from Start Menu, via the Documents folder, instead of having to use a...
  9. Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 You can open a context menu in the Start Menu by right clicking or pressing and holding on an app's tile on the Start screen or...
  10. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change start context