Windows 10: How to change Start Menu icon?

Discus and support How to change Start Menu icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by csenger41, Feb 12, 2015.

1. csenger41 Win User

How to change Start Menu icon?

How can I change the Start Menu icon?
    I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10.
    I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the looks of the new menu.
    Just want to change the icon to match my other metro-styled icons on the desktop and taskbar.
    Any ideas?

:)

csenger41, Feb 12, 2015
  2. AndreePin Win User

How to change Start menu context menus

Hi,

In regards with your query, there's no way of which the More option can be moved into the main context. But what you have in mind is a good suggestion. What we can suggest is for you to provide feedback through Windows Feedback app. You can get the feedback
    app through this link.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 12, 2015
  3. swtat Win User
    How to change Start menu context menus

Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done?

How to change Start Menu icon? [​IMG]

swtat, Feb 12, 2015
  4. How to change Start Menu icon?

ThrashZone, Feb 12, 2015
  5. csenger41 Win User
    csenger41, Feb 12, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    You can try the following link but make a restore point, it messes with system files!

Edwin, Feb 12, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    If nothing yet, just give a week or two. . .*Smile

8. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the information

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 12, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I just tried out this change in the video from @Edwin and it works just fine.

New start button:

BunnyJ, Feb 12, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Looks good Jeff! I figured it was harmless software, for the most part.

Edwin, Feb 13, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Looks good Jeff! I figured it was harmless software, for the most part. One thing I forgot to do was change the size of the ICON's from small to large and I also added a few new ones to the group that came along with the app.

Here's what it looks like:

BunnyJ, Feb 13, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    Nice Jeff! *Smile
    Experience any repercussions from the software?

Edwin, Feb 13, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

And here are all of the ICON's that I have to select from so far:

BunnyJ, Feb 13, 2015
  14. csenger41 Win User
    Thanks for all the feedback, I think I won't risk breaking anything until the final version is released. *Smile

csenger41, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change Start Menu icon? - Similar Threads - change Start Menu

2. How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?: Hi,Is it possible to change the icon of a particular folder in start menu in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icon-of-a-particular-folder-in/382e7321-8837-474f-9600-2bd3ea0abda8
  3. How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?: Hi,Is it possible to change the icon of a particular folder in start menu in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icon-of-a-particular-folder-in/382e7321-8837-474f-9600-2bd3ea0abda8
  4. How to Change the icon of a Particular folder in start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu icons changed.

Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  6. The calculator icon changes on the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator icon changes on the start menu: Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-icon-changes-on-the-start-menu/61545bf9-1b0c-40e1-83d1-cbb12a048400
  7. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  8. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  9. Changing Start Menu Icons?

Changing Start Menu Icons?: How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793
  10. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755