Windows 10: How to Change Start Menu

Discus and support How to Change Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.674, and I've noticed a few annoying things about it. I would like to change the start menu so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnTravolski, Oct 13, 2017.

1. How to Change Start Menu

I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.674, and I've noticed a few annoying things about it. I would like to change the start menu so that whenever I start typing, no searches from the internet show up. Most guides that show how to do this are outdated, as they refer to an option ("Search online and include web results") that no longer exists. I'm not sure how to prevent internet searches from showing up anymore.
    Another thing that I would like the start menu to do is to automatically open up to the "All apps" list instead of the "Pinned tiles" list. In the past, both would show up at the same time, but apparently Windows is forcing them to be mutually exclusive now.
    For illustration, this is what I would prefer it to open to automatically:
    Screenshot
    But this is what it opens to instead every single time:
    Screenshot

Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you very much.

:)

JohnTravolski, Oct 13, 2017
  2. AndreePin Win User

How to change Start menu context menus

Hi,

In regards with your query, there's no way of which the More option can be moved into the main context. But what you have in mind is a good suggestion. What we can suggest is for you to provide feedback through Windows Feedback app. You can get the feedback
    app through this link.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 13, 2017
  3. swtat Win User
    How to change Start menu context menus

Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done?

How to Change Start Menu [​IMG]

swtat, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

How to Change Start Menu

Settings/Personalization/Start/'Show app list in Start menu'►On

Edwin, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    You may also want the next two ('recently added...' and 'most used...') to be 'Off' as in the screenshot. When turned on, these appear above the All Apps list.

6. Thanks, I didn't realize that setting existed. But do you know any way to stop the internet searches from showing up?

JohnTravolski, Oct 14, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    The option no longer exists in Settings, but the registry key that option set still exists and works as it always did. See this (up to date) tutorial....

Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

8. How to Change Start Menu

Thanks so much, that works wonderfully. I appreciate it!

JohnTravolski, Oct 14, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    I recommend you try Classic Shell. You can configure it so mouse hover on the Start Button opens Classic Shell and left click opens the Start Menu. I find I never use the Start Menu anymore.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to Change Start Menu

1. How to Change Start Menu - Similar Threads - Change Start Menu

2. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  3. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  4. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  5. HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?

HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?: [ATTACH] My start menu looks like its stuck in 2001, however when I click on Start Menu Windows at the top it switches to a normal WIN10 Start menu. If i exit it defaults to the older looking menu. How do i get it to stay looking like the modern WIN10 start? THANK YOU...
  6. How do I change the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wooden_chest [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2r5d6/how_do_i_change_the_start_menu/
  7. How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?

How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?: In Windows 10 desktop. At the moment it is too thin to instantly hit with the mouse. I this a user-settable personalization? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-width-of-the-start-menu/1b7186da-39fc-452f-a18b-6b869980bc72
  8. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  9. How to change Start menu context menus

How to change Start menu context menus: Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done? 72869
  10. How to change Start Menu icon?

How to change Start Menu icon?: How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10. I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the...