Windows 10: How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?

Discus and support How to change text color on Taskbar buttons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the color of text on the Taskbar buttons? It is unreadable as black text on a very dark background. Thanks to various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OldAussie, Aug 10, 2015.

1. OldAussie Win User

How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?

Is it possible to change the color of text on the Taskbar buttons? It is unreadable as black text on a very dark background.

Thanks to various tutorials and threads in TenForums, and the Winaero Tweaker program, I now have all the other UI colors in Windows 10 looking how I want with a customized theme.

:)

OldAussie, Aug 10, 2015

2. The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black in Windows 10

<Original Title: Color of text in taskbar>

I've recently upgraded system to Windows 10 and I've found one problem: The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black (so it's difficult to read it). I've tried changing of desktop background and taskbar colors but
    the text remains black.

In my second computer with Win 10 the text is white but I also haven't found out how to change it.

Is there any option to manually or automatically change color of text in task bar?

Betelgeuze, Aug 10, 2015
  3. keithk0 Win User
    How to change taskbar text back to white?

With the latest (creators?) update, my taskbar text color changed from white to black. My accent color is dark so I can't see any text. How can I change it back to white?

keithk0, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Rollerdog Win User

Have you figured out how to change the background color on File Explorer from that awful White??

Rollerdog, Aug 10, 2015
  5. OldAussie Win User
    Unfortunately not. In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors , the "Window" setting affects the paper background of many programs, but not File Explorer.

Like many colors in Windows 10, it must be hard coded into an exe or dll file, rather than reading any of your settings - which I think is lazy programming as well as very inconsiderate to users.

OldAussie, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Dright Win User
    I figured out how to change the taskbar text to white, which is what I came here hoping to find.

Go to personalization in the control panel and switch to the default theme called Windows. The text will be white. Then switch the background and color back to whatever they were before, and the text should stay white.

Dright, Apr 12, 2016
  7. kensiko Win User
    I have the same problem here. Many things are saved in the theme coming from the upgrade. There must be somewhere in the registry where we can change the taskbar text back to white ?

kensiko, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Melowout Win User

Thank you Thank you! Two Windows 10 updates in the last two days created black text on a black taskbar background! Yours was the ONLY solution - otherwise you got "No, it can't be done!" Thanks a heap for going the extra step and reporting back on your success!

Melowout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change text color on Taskbar buttons? - Similar Threads - change text color

2. Color of taskbar not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color of taskbar not changing: I'm trying to change the color of my taskbar but I have to turn transparency effects off for it to work. Is there anyway to change the color and keep transparency effects?...
  3. How to change color in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change color in taskbar?: So I was wanting to make my taskbar into white but suddenly it wouldn't let me do it. I'm on dell n4110 windows 10 1607 when I open the settings > personalization > colors and it didn't have the white color in it [ATTACH][ATTACH]can you help me? Thanks, Raffi...
  4. Change the color on taskbar

Change the color on taskbar: Following the Windows 10 update version 1607, my taskbar, start and presumably my action center turned grey. I followed the instructions to change the color, but am unable to check the 'Start, taskbar and action center' box. The text is pale, and clicking on the box does...
  5. Changing taskbar color?

Changing taskbar color?: Hello, I am unable to change the taskbar color in settings; since I did an update in window. Also, the update changed my settings...Why? Where it shows 'Show accent color on the following surfaces', the check box and this statement: 'Start, taskbar, and action center' is...
  6. change taskbar color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    change taskbar color: change taskbar color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-taskbar-color/961f938b-8a62-4c9d-ba77-58298886846f
  7. How to change taskbar color

How to change taskbar color: My taskbar is always grey. And no, when I click as indicated on Start > Settings > Personalization > Colors > I neither have the right to click on the Show accent color on the following surfaces nor on Select Start, taskbar, and action center. I am unable to change the...
  8. Text changing color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text changing color: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix this? I got my Windows 10 laptop on Christmas and this issue started happening shortly after, where the text randomly turns green, purple, or pink. It stopped happening and recently started again. I've not messed with the graphics...
  9. Change Color of Yellow text

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Color of Yellow text: I need to change the color of some of the reference points, referrals text or link (click on) points text so I can read them easier, this is what I'm talking about. All I find on internet is info of High contrast from Desktop Display, personalize , that doesn't do what I am...
  10. It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?

in Windows 10 Support
    It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?: Hi, Is it posible to change this taskbar buttons text font to tahoma without antialiasing? [img] Like this? (external program) [img] Thanks 40062