Windows 10: How to change the boot UI back to modern

Discus and support How to change the boot UI back to modern in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed windows 7 as a dual boot with windows 10 (as I was having some compatibility problems with some programs) but now the boot UI has gone back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RamboMcMutNutts, Nov 5, 2015.

1. How to change the boot UI back to modern

I installed windows 7 as a dual boot with windows 10 (as I was having some compatibility problems with some programs) but now the boot UI has gone back to the old black text based UI.

I was just wondering is there a way to get the modern blue boot UI back?

Thanks *Smile

:)

RamboMcMutNutts, Nov 5, 2015

2. How to bring back the Modern boot options if you got the old Windows 7-style black boot options

try to install windows 10 on other partition if you have 2nd primary partition. i think it worked when im installed windows 8(3 years ago) on 2nd partition and replaced BCD file from the reserved partition and im running both windows 8 and 7 at the same
    time(of course windows 8 boot screen shows up instead of windows 7 boot screen when im turn on my pc).

maki palino, Nov 5, 2015
  3. How to bring back the Modern boot options if you got the old Windows 7-style black boot options

Use your current insider media via DVD or USB bootable. Then, click repair and select the OS that you want to repair if it is prompted, and navigate troubleshoot>startup repair. It automatically replace the old BCD in the boot partition. Feedback if this
    method is working.

maki palino, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

How to change the boot UI back to modern

Can't remember if this works but you can try it:
    While on W10 press and hold Shift while clicking Restart, then change defaults to W10 in that UI.

Edwin, Nov 5, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Boot up Windows 10. Open Admin Command Prompt and type:
    bcdboot %windir%

topgundcp, Nov 5, 2015
  6. Thanks worked perfectly *Smile

RamboMcMutNutts, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to change the boot UI back to modern

1. How to change the boot UI back to modern - Similar Threads - change boot modern

2. How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?: I tried to restore my registry values with a registry backup file. After Restoring , It Showed An Error Message "Cannot get access to some registry files". After that my registry become corrupted. My Problem Is That Windows File Explorer UI Got Changed & Intel Graphics...
  3. How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?: I tried to restore my registry values with a registry backup file. After Restoring , It Showed An Error Message "Cannot get access to some registry files". After that my registry become corrupted. My Problem Is That Windows File Explorer UI Got Changed & Intel Graphics...
  4. How To Fix It & Get Back To Normal UI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  6. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  7. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Some Modern UI links do not work

Some Modern UI links do not work: Hello there, since a while, some links in the Modern UI Settings will not work and the the following error is shown it looks like this happens on items requiring old interface launching, such as control panel items... Tried Dism online and SFC Scannow, with no improvement...
  9. How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?

How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?: I've seen lots of tutorials and stuff about changing the default font from Segoe UI to something else e.g. Calibri on Windows 10. However, I want to know how I can change the font back to Segoe UI, because my font glitched out and it has the square placeholder characters in...
  10. Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input: A newbie to the forum. Strange one, I have searched all over for an answer to this problem.*Sad Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.187, under any modern app I'm unable to type any information in, this includes Cortana search field, the windows store search field,...