Windows 10: How to change the default Quick Access Directories?

Discus and support How to change the default Quick Access Directories? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When you delete the files inside %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations and %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\customdestinations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dfg555, Aug 8, 2017.

1. dfg555 Win User

How to change the default Quick Access Directories?

When you delete the files inside %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations and %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\customdestinations directories, Windows 10 automatically recreates the default Quick Access directories (Documents, Pictures, etc.) Is there a way to change what is being "recreated"?

:)

dfg555, Aug 8, 2017

2. window 10 file explorer running slow. it takes years to fully load a folder.

Change the default folder to a different folder of your choice from "Quick Access", it worked for me!

SrinivasanSatagopan, Aug 8, 2017
  3. MDTEX Win User
    Recent File / Quick access Files

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your response and sorry for my late reply.

I have found your suggestions, made the change, by enabling Quick Access

however it is not holding the change.. therefore Quick Access still not working.

In the same Options, it gives me the option to Restore Default. I tried that as well, but it is not enabling Quick Access either.

I need some more help to fix this problem.

MDTEX, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

How to change the default Quick Access Directories?

1. How to change the default Quick Access Directories? - Similar Threads - change default Quick

2. Quick Access folders keep resetting to default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access folders keep resetting to default: For no apparent reason all the folders I place in Quick Access in File Explorer keep disappearing and being replaced by the defaults every time my PC goes to sleep then wakes up again, or restarts. I keep replacing them, but they keep vanishing again and again... :( This...
  3. Changing Default Program Download Directory

Changing Default Program Download Directory: About a week ago I was researching how to change my default app download directory, because my SSD was getting low on storage, and I had an almost empty hard drive. To complete this task I went into regedit and followed the instructions on a forum to change the directory to a...
  4. how to change owner of a directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change owner of a directory: How to change owner of a directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-owner-of-a-directory/172f779f-e7ea-4960-8523-3f94258b6cce"
  5. Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog?

Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog?: Is there a way to make it so whenever I use the Open File Dialog in a any of m Windows 10 PCs, the PC's focus goes to Quick Access? 99% of the time, when I'm attempting to use Open File Dialog to select a file (to upload to a web app usually), I'm using Quick Access because...
  6. How to change the directory of a folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the directory of a folder?: Hi, I am quite stuck right now trying to make it so that i can change the directory of one folder to another. I have researched the web about this but all of the solutions which i have received were only for changing the directory of the User Folder(Desktop, Downloads etc.)...
  7. How to make Quick Removal as Default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make Quick Removal as Default: I would like to make Quick Removal option as Default. Currently I am building a WES7P image. thanks. [img] 120852
  8. Change command prompt default directory

Change command prompt default directory: How do I change the command prompt's default directory in Windows 10? I see instructions in Sevenforums to do this in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Will the Windows 7 instructions work in Windows 10? 54910
  9. Change Names in Quick Access

Change Names in Quick Access: You used to be able to change the names of the items in quick access - like you can a shortcut - in Windows 8, but now you can't. Other than replacing all of them with shortcuts, has anyone found a way of changing this? 12160
  10. Quick Access order changes

Quick Access order changes: Can anyone help with Quick Access? I've got it so that the only folders under Quick Access are: 1.Downloads, 2. Recent Folders, 3. My custom folder. The problem is that depending on which folder I've opened most recently, the order of these three changes constantly. So...