Windows 10: How to change the default Quick Access Directories?

Discus and support How to change the default Quick Access Directories? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When you delete the files inside %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations and %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\customdestinations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dfg555, Aug 8, 2017.

1. dfg555 Win User

How to change the default Quick Access Directories?

When you delete the files inside %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations and %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\customdestinations directories, Windows 10 automatically recreates the default Quick Access directories (Documents, Pictures, etc.) Is there a way to change what is being "recreated"?

:)

dfg555, Aug 8, 2017

2. window 10 file explorer running slow. it takes years to fully load a folder.

Change the default folder to a different folder of your choice from "Quick Access", it worked for me!

SrinivasanSatagopan, Aug 8, 2017
  3. MDTEX Win User
    Recent File / Quick access Files

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your response and sorry for my late reply.

I have found your suggestions, made the change, by enabling Quick Access

however it is not holding the change.. therefore Quick Access still not working.

In the same Options, it gives me the option to Restore Default. I tried that as well, but it is not enabling Quick Access either.

I need some more help to fix this problem.

MDTEX, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

How to change the default Quick Access Directories?

1. How to change the default Quick Access Directories? - Similar Threads - change default Quick

2. How to fix problems with quick access directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix problems with quick access directory: I've accidentally made 'desktop' the parent of 'home'. I can't drag 'home' up or drag 'desktop' down. Any solution to this?Sincerely, JimAnd one more question, is there any basic guide on organizing the order of these? It seems every time I try to change the order, the...
  3. How to fix problems with quick access directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix problems with quick access directory: I've accidentally made 'desktop' the parent of 'home'. I can't drag 'home' up or drag 'desktop' down. Any solution to this?Sincerely, JimAnd one more question, is there any basic guide on organizing the order of these? It seems every time I try to change the order, the...
  4. recovery quick access default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recovery quick access default: My Documents is accidentally "stealed" by OneDrive. I rest to my original location after stop "Backup" by one drive but have 2 side effect. 1) the link "Documents" under Quick access is still point to OneDrive location. Link under "This PC" is correct. 2) When I search from...
  5. Quick Access no longer default view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access no longer default view: Hi everyone, Can someone please help? About a month ago, I was writing something in Word and it crashed. I opened it again, and had to navigate to where the temporary file was stored in order to recover it. This worked just fine, but then when I went back to edit my document...
  6. Change default home directory path

Change default home directory path: Hi everyone, I have a windows 10 Pro server with a thinstuff tool to enable more than 3 remote desktop sessions at same time. This server has a 254 SSD boot disk with OS windows 10, and an extra 1TB Volume for data storage. My question is simple, i need to change the...
  7. Changing Default Program Download Directory

Changing Default Program Download Directory: About a week ago I was researching how to change my default app download directory, because my SSD was getting low on storage, and I had an almost empty hard drive. To complete this task I went into regedit and followed the instructions on a forum to change the directory to a...
  8. Change command prompt default directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change command prompt default directory: How do I change the command prompt's default directory in Windows 10? I see instructions in Sevenforums to do this in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Will the Windows 7 instructions work in Windows 10? 54910
  9. Change Names in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Names in Quick Access: You used to be able to change the names of the items in quick access - like you can a shortcut - in Windows 8, but now you can't. Other than replacing all of them with shortcuts, has anyone found a way of changing this? 12160
  10. Quick Access order changes

Quick Access order changes: Can anyone help with Quick Access? I've got it so that the only folders under Quick Access are: 1.Downloads, 2. Recent Folders, 3. My custom folder. The problem is that depending on which folder I've opened most recently, the order of these three changes constantly. So...