Windows 10: How to change the Desktop Icon Font

Discus and support How to change the Desktop Icon Font in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got a huge Windows 10 update and now I can't change my desktop icon font. The menu option was actually removed from Windows 8, 8.1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobt1234, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Bobt1234 Win User

How to change the Desktop Icon Font

I recently got a huge Windows 10 update and now I can't change my desktop icon font.

The menu option was actually removed from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, but there was a registry way to do it, that seems to no longer work

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\IconFont] - Change it's binary value from "Segui UI" to "Times New Roman"

That used to work, until this newest update.

I also tried this.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\FontSubstitutes]
    Adding the string value "Segoe UI" = "Times New Roman".

All to no avail. My Windows still keeps coming up with that default, ugly system font. Can someone help me change my default windows font? Thanks.

:)

Bobt1234, Aug 4, 2016

2. how do I change font color for desktop icons

Umm this does not change the desktop Icon font, this only changes the Window pane color.

I have a white background photo, and my desktop icon font color is also white, hence making them impossible to read.

How do I change the Desktop Icons Font Color???

xhefrxxhefrx, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Font colors on desktop.

Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons in Windows 10??

MikeHunter_RTT, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

You'll probably have to wait till someone rights a script or registry hack for the new update.

Plankton, Aug 4, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
  6. mart1981 Win User
    To save bothering with the registry you could always try Winaero - it works fine with the AU - available here

mart1981, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change the Desktop Icon Font - Similar Threads - change Desktop Icon

2. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  3. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  4. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the Desktop Icon font color

How to change the Desktop Icon font color: The font color of desktop icons doesn't change even after trying every solution found on the Internet. I have tried to make the background-color orange and remove the shadows of the texts. [ATTACH] And even after setting the desktop background to white, the font is still...
  6. How to change the font on Windows 10 desktop icons

How to change the font on Windows 10 desktop icons: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1909. Somehow the desktop icon font changed from solid black to white letters I'm new to Windows 10 so I obviously did something in trying to personalize a new PC, but how can I change the font back to solid black lettering? Please, my old...
  7. How to change desktop icon font color

How to change desktop icon font color: Hi, I have winaero tweaker, and don't see how to change icon/shortcut font color. Could someone help with tweaker or in the registry editor? I have windows 10 1903. I see "desktop colors - which setting applies to icon font color? thanks...
  8. Change Desktop Icon Fonts

Change Desktop Icon Fonts: I want to change the fonts displayed on desktop icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-icon-fonts/ffff2c5e-8d4a-4201-89ba-8a4aef7fab0a
  9. Change Desktop Icon Fonts?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Desktop Icon Fonts?: Hello. It took a while but I finally was able to install Windows 10. My question now is, is there is a way to change the desktop icon fonts (name, size, bold, italic)? I right clicked on the desktop but couldn't find anything about fonts. 13682
  10. Change Desktop Icon Font Type - How?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Desktop Icon Font Type - How?: Hi Guys, New to the forums. I've just installed Windows 10 and everything is going well so far. I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to change the desktop icon font type at all? I've seen there is a program called Iconoid to change the colour of the text...