Windows 10: How to change the stock icon for the Recycle Bin

Discus and support How to change the stock icon for the Recycle Bin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everybody. Just upgraded to the newest Windows-10, and it all replaced my favorite "Recycle Bin" with the usual Microsoft icon. I've also lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jPaulB, Mar 3, 2018.

1. jPaulB Win User

How to change the stock icon for the Recycle Bin

Hi everybody. Just upgraded to the newest Windows-10, and it all replaced my favorite "Recycle Bin" with the usual Microsoft icon.

I've also lost how to replace that icon with the one I want.

Can someone help?

Thanks
    jPaul

:)

jPaulB, Mar 3, 2018

2. Recyclebin

Hi, i would like to make a honeycomb icon for the recycle bin and i want it to change the icon when its full or empty but i cant figure how and also what is the path to open the recycle bin when i click
    the icon, I'm on windows 10, Thanks !

Notorious Ace, Mar 3, 2018
  3. RECYCLE BIN ON DESKTOP, Windows 10

I have tried over and over to get the recycle bin icon - it just doesn't work

ChristineDrake, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 3, 2018
  5. rezpower Win User
    Hi,
    I did the change as explained in the tutorial, all worked perfect. But when I move a file to recycle bin it still shows empty icon! if I log out or reboot, then it shows the recycle bin as full correctly. anyone know if there is a solution to fix this?!

Edit: Finally no need to logout or restart, but I need to refresh (F5) on desktop for the change to show each time!

rezpower, Mar 4, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 4, 2018
  7. rezpower Win User
    rezpower, Mar 4, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change the stock icon for the Recycle Bin - Similar Threads - change stock icon

2. Recycle Bin icon not changing when emptying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin icon not changing when emptying: When I empty my trash the icon does not change from one with trash to an empty one. If I run the mouse over the icon it updates and changes to empty. I tried a DISM software check and rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin from admin CMD. There seems to be nothing wrong. Searches...
  3. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  4. How to show 'Empty recycle bin' when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon

How to show 'Empty recycle bin' when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon: Hi, I installed a software called JetClean and JetBoost, freeware and similar to CCleaner. It added some options when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon "Empty with JetClean" or something like that. And that was OK. However, I install and run Malawarebytes Antimalware...
  5. How to change Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are two states of the Recycle Bin – one is Recycle Bin with deleted items and the other one is empty Recycle Bin. Both […] This article How to change Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. finding recycle bin icon

finding recycle bin icon: Problems Finding the Recycle Bin icon First advice from advisor: If your desktop shows no icons at all, right-click or press and hold the desktop and select View. If Show desktop icons has no checkmark, click it to add one. If that doesn't work, try this: Select Start >...
  7. Recycle Bin icon completely transparent

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin icon completely transparent: The only way that I could find the Recycle Bin on my desktop was by the icon label. The actual icon is 100% transparent, and the Properties for the icon didn't have any way to change the icon. The windows wallpaper is the rockclimbing picture. Any ideas? [img] 150569
  8. Recycle Bin Icon

Recycle Bin Icon: Windows 10 doesn't show the Recycle Bin Icon. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/94dea936-1ae4-428f-ab92-ae499eb5a093
  9. Recycle Bin Icon

Recycle Bin Icon: I don't have a recycle bin icon on this laptop. How do I get one? I'd like to empty it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/70730411-9560-4ffb-9bc6-60b85efdee2a
  10. Change Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10: How to: Change Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10 How to Change the Default Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and...