Windows 10: how to change the win 10 search bar default web browser

Discus and support how to change the win 10 search bar default web browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi i was playing about with the new search bar located on task bar for windows 10 and i cam across something odd i search for something on the bar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brettapuss, Jul 29, 2015.

1. how to change the win 10 search bar default web browser

hi i was playing about with the new search bar located on task bar for windows 10 and i cam across something odd i search for something on the bar and then a menu popped up asking me what i wanted to search through (firefox, google chrome, edge). when it popped up i didnt think much about so i closed but now i want to change something on it and i dont have a clue how to trigger it again. i want to make it so that when i search it goes through google chrome. if anybody finds a way to trigger the menu please let me know *Wink

thank you

:)

brettapuss, Jul 29, 2015

2. I want to change my app to open with google chrome not IE

Hey there, Linc3

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

You will need to change the default web browser on your device. To do this, please:

Click into search bar/Cortana on the Taskbar - next to start,

Search/enter Default App Settings

Select Default App Settings in the search results Cortana has displayed for you,

Then selecting Web and select Microsoft Edge or the default web browser,

and on the pop up window select Google Chrome.

Please let me know how this works.

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jul 29, 2015
  3. I tried to make GOOGLE my default browser.

You seem to be confusing several different things. Can you explain more details? What are you trying to do?

• Change your default web browser program

A web browser is a program like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. They are programs that let you go to web pages.
    • Change your default homepage in your browser.

Your homepage is the first page you see when you first open up your browser.
    • Change your default search engine.

The default search engine is what search engine gets used if you type a search phrase into your address bar, such as "deliver flowers in austin".

Let me know which one you're trying to do and I'll tell you exactly how to do it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 29, 2015
  4. how to change the win 10 search bar default web browser

Try this

Go to Settings and search for Default
    Click the one for Set Default Apps

In this page scroll down until you see Web Browser and then change this to Chrome

This should then default to opening web results in Chrome

paulsalter, Jul 29, 2015
  5. thanks it opens with chrome now, but sorry to be a pain is there a way to make it open no searching with bing

brettapuss, Jul 29, 2015
  6. I don't think you can change that

The search is tied into Cortana which is specifically set to use Bing

It's similar to the 'OK Google' on Android which is only set to use Google Search

paulsalter, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    Yeah Bing is built into W10. As it stands we're stuck with it.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

how to change the win 10 search bar default web browser

I have set my default search engine in all my web browsers to Google. I prefer Google to Bing.

Rocky, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    The OP is talking about turning off Bing results in Search.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  10. also another thing why cant i turn on the cortana feature it says its not available in my region then when i click why? it say its available in the uk where i live, but then on the other page it says not in this region

brettapuss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to change the win 10 search bar default web browser

1. how to change the win 10 search bar default web browser - Similar Threads - change search bar

2. How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

in Cortana
    How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the donkey. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-browsersearch-engine-assigned-to/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  3. How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the donkey. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-browsersearch-engine-assigned-to/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  4. How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Choosing a default web browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choosing a default web browser: Since people using Windows 10 were given the right to choose the default browser we wanted, Microsoft should provide a way to install IE11 Microsoft should provide an alternative download? So, where is the Alternative?? Ruth 801...
  6. how set Firefox as default web browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    how set Firefox as default web browser: Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading it. I realize they'd rather I not use it, but I'd sure like the choice....
  7. Default Web Browser

Default Web Browser: I do not see the option for Web Browser in my Default app section. I am trying to make Microsoft Edge to my default but i can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-web-browser/8d05308e-7bb2-47b8-b71e-3c1553ad1466
  8. Default web browser

Default web browser: I have recently installed the new Microsoft Edge on my Surface tablet. Now every time I browse the internet I get a message asking if I want to make Edge my default browser, and directing me to 'Settings' to set it. However, I do not have a 'Web browser' listed in my default...
  9. changing msn.com to default web browser in windows 10

changing msn.com to default web browser in windows 10: How do I change default web browser to msn.com in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-msncom-to-default-web-browser-in-windows/df3a34fe-0904-48c7-84ae-ae2144239e69
  10. How to Change the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to Change the default browser: Hi everyone. I want to share this video tutorial that i make, It teaches you how to change the default browser in Windows 10 *Smile [MEDIA] oULwD72rlWE Bye! 34695

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows search bar browser

2. change windows 10 search bar browser

3. windows search bar default browser

4. change default browser for windows search,
  5. decorate search bar on a web browser,
  6. change windows 10 search browser,
  7. windows 10 change search browser for start bar,
  8. change default browser windows 10 search bar,
  9. change search bar browser windows 10,
  10. change windows 10 search default browser,
  11. how to change browser in windows 10 search bar in 2020,