Windows 10: How to change width of clock display

Discus and support How to change width of clock display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since the anniversary update my clock has not been able to fully display the date and time. [img] I use 1st Clock Taskbar clock and there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vipermk2, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Vipermk2 Win User

How to change width of clock display

Ever since the anniversary update my clock has not been able to fully display the date and time.

How to change width of clock display [​IMG]

I use 1st Clock Taskbar clock and there has not been a problem before.

Is there a way of increasing the size of the area to display the info the clock is showing?
    I dont want it displaying on 2 rows either

:)

Vipermk2, Sep 13, 2016
  2. Greg.Wo Win User

Vertical Taskbar - missing day of the week (DOW) in a third row [SOLVED]

Unfortunately this not helps. Even if I expand width of the vertical taskbar to 50% of the screen then there is still only two rows of clock and date. I have 4K display, so there is clearly enough pixels too.

Greg.Wo, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Clock missing from taskbar

Just updated surface pro 3 to anniversary edition of win 10 1067, and now the clock is missing in the taskbar. There's a space where the clock should be, and clicking there brings up the clock/calendar. If I dock taskbar to top or bottom, the clock shows.
    Docked left or right, it doesn't show, regardless of the width of the taskbar. It was working previous to this update.

//edit: problem resolved by changing theme.

Bill_Down_Under, Sep 13, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I saw another thread here in the forums and there's been an update that fixes that issue.

If I get time later on I'll search around for it but it's here with a link to the new updated version.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 13, 2016
  5. Vipermk2 Win User
    Thanks for responding so quickly, look forward to the resolution, I've not been able to find it from the search function. I do have the latest updates for win 10.

Vipermk2, Sep 13, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I'll hunt around but sometimes the search feature here is hard to make use of since using the correct keyword is hard to identify.

BunnyJ, Sep 13, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    According to 1st Clock's website, even the latest version 5.0 only claims...
    ...I think you've just been lucky that it's worked on 10 up till now, it certainly wasn't designed to. The 'killer blow' in the Anniversary Update seems to have been MS's decision to swap the positions of the clock and the action centre notifications on the system tray. There may be a way to change that back in the registry, perhaps @BunnyJ could find one for you (probably easier to do than changing its width).

A (remote) possibility is to contact the author for support, but as the last activity on Green Parrots Software's RSS feed was in 2011 I hold out little hope there.

I know how fond you can get of familiar old software* but I think it's time you looked to see if W10's built in features can meet your needs. Looking at the features of 1st Clock it seems Cortana's reminders, the Alarm & Clock app and the standard system tray clock itself cover most of them.

* I have been using Cardfile since Windows 3.1, moving it from one OS to the next. I nearly thought I'd have to loose this 16-bit app when I got an x64 machine. Fortunately the one and only 32-bit version MS ever released was found on an old NT 3.51 Workstation install disk. *Smile

8. Vipermk2 Win User

One of the main things I like is the descrete CPU usage in red above the clock and the RAM in green underneath, it just takes a quick glance to see whats happening

Vipermk2, Sep 13, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    There is a solution to this issue here in the forums and it's a update to 1st clock.

Still can't find that thread. I could have swore I posted in it.

BunnyJ, Sep 13, 2016
  10. TRY old windows gadgets windows 8 flip clock. paste it above windows time in taskbar. the flip clock is adjustable sm, med and large.

lopedoggie, Sep 13, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Sep 13, 2016
  12. gogreen Win User
    I'm also looking for this fix. I've customized the time with "dddd/MM/dd/yyyy," which produces, for today, for example, "Wednesday/09/16/2016." But only the time (2:26 as I compose this message) appears because the display area for the full date as specified doesn't fit. The full day and date appears when I hover the mouse over the time.

I just updated to the anniversary edition--I don't recall requesting this update, and it removed all my customizations. Very unhappy about that and the update.

gogreen, Sep 13, 2016
  13. Bree New Member

14. Vipermk2 Win User
    Unfortunately I still cant get it to work

Vipermk2, Sep 13, 2016
  15. Vipermk2 Win User
    Just had a reply from Green Parrots software about 1st Clock which took about an hour to respond, thats pretty good in my book

"There was a serious change in Windows taskbar clock functionality in the
    Windows Anniversary Update which broke 1st Clock. We are working on possible
    workarounds at the moment. We will let you know once we have an update
    available."

Vipermk2, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

1. How to change width of clock display - Similar Threads - change width clock

2. How do I change the clock on the HOME SCREEN, Not display in the taskbar to a 24 hour clock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the clock on the HOME SCREEN, Not display in the taskbar to a 24 hour clock.: How do I change the clock on the HOME SCREEN, Not the display in the taskbar, to a 24 hour clock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-clock-on-the-home-screen-not/1577b5ae-cae4-421a-91d5-43c63c0e17d6
  3. How do I change the clock on the HOME SCREEN, Not display in the taskbar to a 24 hour clock.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the clock on the HOME SCREEN, Not display in the taskbar to a 24 hour clock.: How do I change the clock on the HOME SCREEN, Not the display in the taskbar, to a 24 hour clock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-clock-on-the-home-screen-not/1577b5ae-cae4-421a-91d5-43c63c0e17d6
  4. How to change address bar width in Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change address bar width in Edge?: [IMG] I have a major problem; Edge shrinks the address bar down to accommodate buttons for addons: https://preview.redd.it/2z6dd15z2du81.png?width=2562&format=png&auto=webp&s=f68e39b6e448ad2ca49fc8cb1023ae5ac32a8944 It makes it impossible to see the URL. I suppose I...
  5. Reduce Desktop Display Width

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce Desktop Display Width: I have an extra wide monitor so watching videos in widescreen does not take up all of the screen. The issue I have is that the left 1-1/4" of my 31" wide screen is real blurry (maybe from screen cleaner?). When I right click OR left click on Start I have to make my selections...
  6. Change the width of the cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the width of the cursor: How to change the width of the cursor ascii 124 (vertical line). 134665
  7. How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?: In Windows 10 desktop. At the moment it is too thin to instantly hit with the mouse. I this a user-settable personalization? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-width-of-the-start-menu/1b7186da-39fc-452f-a18b-6b869980bc72
  8. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?: Windows10 1809ver. How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view? on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name, the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1 I am not asking for "detail"...
  9. Change to 24 hour digital clock on display

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change to 24 hour digital clock on display: Change to 24 hour digital clock on display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-24-hour-digital-clock-on-display/867be612-7347-41b8-9ef2-76241f509522"
  10. How to change width of toolbars

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change width of toolbars: Hi im using DU Meter for showing internet stats as a toolbar, but at 4k resolution the toolbar gets distorted. It does not have enough width, the numbers get cut off. Does anyone know how to change the size of toolbars? They are called task bands i think but i havent found...