Windows 10: How to change windows 10 language

Discus and support How to change windows 10 language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this issue with my laptop for some time now but got around it until I updated to windows 10. I first got the laptop in the UK then moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xan, Mar 15, 2016.

1. XAN
    xan Win User

How to change windows 10 language

Hi,
    I've had this issue with my laptop for some time now but got around it until I updated to windows 10.
    I first got the laptop in the UK then moved to Greece and my language settings all changed to Greek. After manually changing the laptop's keyboard and language to ENG a few things in the system remain in Greek for some reason, for example my AM and PM were displayed in the Greek π.µ. and µ.µ. This was the only issue I had until I upgraded to windows 10 and my startup displays the date and time in Greek and my installshield wizard is in Greek.

I have gone through the language settings and removed the Greek settings and changed everything I could find to ENG but it still insists every time I start up its Greek and I have to change it in the start up menu and then repeat when switched on again.

How to change windows 10 language [​IMG]

How to change windows 10 language [​IMG]

It might seem like a mundane issue but it's causing problems as the installshield wizard is in Greek now and even though it's nice to brush up on my Greek every time I turn on my laptop, it would be nice to have it in English.

Many thanks

:)

2. Drogon10 Win User
    Drogon10, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

How to change windows 10 language

1. How to change windows 10 language - Similar Threads - change language

2. After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change...: I've reinstalled windows with an 1809 update and every time I press Shift + Alt it cycles from my language to English layout and it's frustrating. I always changed this easily with almost no effort and now the option is not even there anymore .... Why change something that...
  3. How to change the language on Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change the language on Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.: Hi All, I bought a laptop, in Turkey. I'm Turkish and I live in Poland and work in this country. It is a Toshiba with Windows 10 Home. The standard language is set to Turkish. I assumed that it should be an easy thing to change the language to English. Apparently, it's not,...
  4. I have windows 10, and I want to change the language there is some way to do it

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have windows 10, and I want to change the language there is some way to do it: I have windows 10, and I want to change the language there is some way to do it. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-and-i-want-to-change-the/f07373a8-ec08-4f33-a200-1b7171c04f9c
  5. How can I change the default language mistakenly set to German back to English?

How can I change the default language mistakenly set to German back to English?: How can I change the default language mistakenly set to German back to English? I inadvertently set this when downloading translation software...
  6. Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device

Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device: Good afternoon. I have recently changed the display language of my Acer laptop from English (US) to Portuguese (BR), however I am no longer able to access the control panel after restarting the device, as it opens for a split second then is instantly closed while it appears...
  7. Cannot change my display language on Windows 10

Cannot change my display language on Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Community, I recently purchased a new laptop in China (with Windows 10) and wanted to change the display language from Simplified Chinese to US English. I was able to change my the keyboard, text-to-speech, handwriting and even Cortana to English, but for...
  8. How to change the default language in win10?

How to change the default language in win10?: This problem is annoying. I have Chinese and English languages installed on my computer, and chose English as my first language. but English won't act as my default language. whenever I open an app, Chinese becomes my default languages. Here is my settings: [ATTACH]...
  9. can i change the user interface language for windows 10?

can i change the user interface language for windows 10?: can i change the user interface language for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-user-interface-language-for/2208c487-609d-4eda-a5a5-06feb65b5125
  10. Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language: I'm trying to add korean language to my keyboard layout but everytime I try to set up the language of my computer change too. I just want to type in korean language. thank you...