Windows 10: How to check if your AV is blocking Microsoft patch

Discus and support How to check if your AV is blocking Microsoft patch in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Up to date list: CVE-2017-5753, CVE-2017-5715, and CVE-2017-5754 (Meltdown and Spectre) Windows antivirus patch compatibility [img] Third-party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to check if your AV is blocking Microsoft patch

Read more: Windows Meltdown-Spectre fix: How to check if your AV is blocking Microsoft patch | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Jan 4, 2018

2. Problems with OVI Suite (N79)

You could try adding the Ovi Suite into your AV whitelist. It sped up mine since the AV wont continuously block and check OVI suite connections.

chanchan05, Jan 4, 2018
  3. 6300 versus Windows 7 64bit

Check if your PC AV software is blocking Ovi. Mine used to until I whitelisted it.

chanchan05, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

How to check if your AV is blocking Microsoft patch

1. How to check if your AV is blocking Microsoft patch - Similar Threads - check blocking Microsoft

2. "Blocked for your protection"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Blocked for your protection": Install is "Blocked by system administrator for your protection" contact administrator. But I am the system administrator. The registry is missing the policies key and the enable Lua key. In a previous fix of the block, I changed the value of one of these keys I've forgotten...
  3. Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control: Hello,When I tried to install Kaspersky SAC blocks it, even though Microsoft claimed that SAC runs with other AVsI don't wish to turn off SAC Because it requires a reinstall...
  4. Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control

Kaspersky AV gets blocked by Smart App Control: Hello,When I tried to install Kaspersky SAC blocks it, even though Microsoft claimed that SAC runs with other AVsI don't wish to turn off SAC Because it requires a reinstall...
  5. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  6. Checking your connection to Microsoft

Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  7. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Regarding your recent updates and patches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding your recent updates and patches: Hi guys, I have recently received one of your forced updates and this has broken my ability to use my Rocksmith 2014 cable on USB 3 ports. This is a brand new cable bought only a few weeks ago, it is 100% operational and I have tested it on more than my machine, and the...
  9. Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on: Since installing the Anniversary update i've been getting these annoying notifications. I run Avast which has all of its components on. I have a big green checkmark with the "You are protected" indicating everything is running. I also turned on "Limited periodic scanning" for...
  10. How to check your activation....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to check your activation....: Open an elevated command prompt (type "command" in search, the top result should be command prompt, right click and "run as administrator"). Type slmgr /xpr The result will tell you if you are activated, what version of the OS is activated, and how long the activation...