Windows 10: How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route?

Discus and support How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 computers are two different networks (two different cities). If I make a direct connection between my two computers, how do I determine that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CerebralFreeze, Feb 5, 2018.

1. How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route?

I have 2 computers are two different networks (two different cities). If I make a direct connection between my two computers, how do I determine that the connection is the fastest route?

I was looking up this answer on this forum and the web and it seems that you need to look up your routing table?

What kind of program would you have to use for Windows 10 computers?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Feb 5, 2018

2. How to check on windows 10 if the ssd is using AHCI ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

I suggest you to contact the manufacture's website for further rectification and clarification, regarding hardware issues.

I suggest you refer to these link provided below for more information regarding your query.

Samsung SSD Downloads | Samsung SSD.

SSD Tools & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Apple - MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 5, 2018
  3. D_777 Win User
    How to check on windows 10 if the ssd is using AHCI ?

I am running Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro early 2011 and would like to ask how to check if the SSD is using AHCI?

The SSD software, Samsung Magic, is saying:

…and…

In the device manager, there is:

…and also…

D_777, Feb 5, 2018
  4. LMiller7 Win User

How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route?

Internet routing is handled by the routers themselves by an automated system. The routers will attempt to use the most optimal route but due to various factors this may not always be the case. If you know the public IP of the other computer you can use the tracert command to see what the current route is but you have no control over it. Due to factors beyond your control this may not work.

LMiller7, Feb 5, 2018
  5. How are you "directly connecting" your computers - is this through a VPN server running on one of your machines? Are your computers connected directly to the Internet or are they going through a home router? How is each computer/router connected to both of the networks?

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route?

1. How to Check if Your Connection is Using the Fastest Route? - Similar Threads - Check Connection Using

2. Fastest Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fastest Memory: I think these questions dont belong here but can i know that answer please?Which of the following is considered as fastest memory:A. RAMB. ROMC. CacheD. RegisterI think answer is register but my teacher aint acceptingONCE AGAIN SORRY BUT I WAS CONFUSED WHERE TO ASK THIS...
  3. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  4. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking your connection to Microsoft: I reinstalled windows 10 using a 21h1 on a dell inspiron. I get stuck in a loop after connecting to a network. I hit next after successfully connecting to a wireless network. The laptop then shows 'Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.' It spins for...
  5. Checking your connection to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. 'Your Phone' not routing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Your Phone' not routing audio: I linked my phone with 'Your Phone' and am able to send and receive texts/calls. However the audio is not routed from either my microphone or to my headphones. My phone detects my PC as a bluetooth device and defaults to it when I answer a call while connected to my PC. I...
  7. What is the fastest browser to use with windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    What is the fastest browser to use with windows 10?: I have a new HP and now a faster router (thanks, Compumind!) so what browser can best take advantage of my new fast internet without bogging me down with also sorts of ad's and other things. Microsot Edge seems OK but I prefer Chrome. Thanks :) 127794
  8. How to refresh routing after VPN create and connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to refresh routing after VPN create and connect: After I've created VPN, connecting and trying to access network path on the PC in the VPN network I am unable to access it until I start the command "tracert google.hr". Tracert is not an option because it takes too long and I can't run that on client machines. What is the...
  9. How to check your activation....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to check your activation....: Open an elevated command prompt (type "command" in search, the top result should be command prompt, right click and "run as administrator"). Type slmgr /xpr The result will tell you if you are activated, what version of the OS is activated, and how long the activation...
  10. Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection: Metro APPS cannot connect to the Internet, however desktop apps can. Please advised thanks! I figured out it was just some apps; 0x80070422 So I tried uninstalling it and I can't get it back now : ( : ( and I can't install any new apps either. : / what's going on!? 38715