Windows 10: how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router?

Discus and support how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi i have SSID: LAnliga Protocol: 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz Network channel: 10 IPv4 address: IPv4 DNS servers:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by harishamarnath, Jul 20, 2018.

1. how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router?

hi i have

SSID: LAnliga
    Protocol: 802.11n
    Security type: WPA2-Personal
    Network band: 2.4 GHz
    Network channel: 10
    IPv4 address:
    IPv4 DNS servers:
    Manufacturer: Ralink Technology, Corp.
    Description: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
    Driver version: 5.0.57.0
    Physical address (MAC): 9C-D2-1E-7E-56-2B

and i use D-Link AC750 dual band router. i had some issues in connecting wifi and i found that its because of router issues.hence i did a hard reset and configured my router. the problem is my router has both wireless and wireless5G configuration and im not sure to which one i should connect. and want to know which configuration my router supports. right now i found that it only shows wireless configuration as i see HiddenNetwork in wifi.

the real problem is once i connect to wireless connection it disconnects after 5 mins. and im not really sure why, but it must be the router. which i confirmed by this question how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router? 15745d39-a8af-485f-9f65-262224cf0e74?upload=true.png

:)

harishamarnath, Jul 20, 2018
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router? install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router? pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router? select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router? Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Polaris573, Jul 20, 2018
  4. ex_reven Win User

how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router?

Router Setup Question

Firstly, are you trying to connect to the router via a wireless adapter or are you directly hooked into the router? Some routers dont allow you to configure them remotely (using wireless, or configuring it from a computer not directly connected to it with cable).

Did you follow all the instructions step by step, correctly? Routers are very picky and sometimes need to be reset if you disconnect/connect modems, power and other connections from them in different orders.

If the above dont work, Reset the router by removing the power cable and waiting a few seconds and try again.

ex_reven, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router?

1. how to check my adapter's supported configuration for particular router? - Similar Threads - check adapter's supported

2. Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?: Hello everyone,,. I have a brand new laptop with windows 11. So I'm really trying to get this right and seeking knowledge and education,,I know is the key. I've had more than my fare share of security breaches within the cyber theater. For me it has been,, at times a haunting...
  3. Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modem/Router Features. How to configure Port Triggering ?: Hello everyone,,. I have a brand new laptop with windows 11. So I'm really trying to get this right and seeking knowledge and education,,I know is the key. I've had more than my fare share of security breaches within the cyber theater. For me it has been,, at times a haunting...
  4. PC Health Check giving confusing readout...is a particular CPU supported in Windows11 or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health Check giving confusing readout...is a particular CPU supported in Windows11 or not?: PC Health Check on Windows10 20H2 and it indicates my Intel i5-6500 CPU is not supported in Windows11...the app's 'Device Specs' indicates the CPU is supported. So why is this confusing and is the CPU supported for Windows11 or not? Please clarify, thank you...
  5. PC Health Check giving confusing readout...is a particular CPU supported in Windows11 or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check giving confusing readout...is a particular CPU supported in Windows11 or not?: PC Health Check on Windows10 20H2 and it indicates my Intel i5-6500 CPU is not supported in Windows11...the app's 'Device Specs' indicates the CPU is supported. So why is this confusing and is the CPU supported for Windows11 or not? Please clarify, thank you...
  6. PC Health Check giving confusing readout...is a particular CPU supported in Windows11 or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check giving confusing readout...is a particular CPU supported in Windows11 or not?: I ran PC Health Check on Windows10 20H2 and it indicates my Intel i5-6500 CPU is not supported in Windows11...the app's 'Device Specs' indicates the CPU is supported. So why is this confusing and is the CPU supported for Windows11 or not? Please clarify....
  7. Configuring a new router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring a new router: I am currently using a Linksys E2500 router behind my cable modem and everything is working. I'm going to get a new router (Asus wifi 6 capable router) that I will use to eventually replace the Linksys E2500. My question is as follows; Can I connect the new Asus router to...
  8. How to check if my computer will support win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to check if my computer will support win10?: How i said, how?? I want an app, that verify the compatibility of my computer to support windows10, here is my PC specs: CPU: Intel Pentium 997 RAM: 1x4GB 1333MHZ Storage: 500GB HDD OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 GPU: Intel hd 2000 IGPU Y'all sorry for my english, If i forget...
  9. Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk

Best Place For Router on This Particular Desk: Hi All Thinking of sometime getting seperate router once again versus Gateway device currently using, anyways not sure where to put it on the current desk at all Main desktop (gaming) this one will be ethernet wired wireless laptop in next room smart tv 4k and another...
  10. ethernet adapter and router

ethernet adapter and router: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and my wife has a chromebook. I have bridged my ISP's gateway and used my own router before but it its old. First would you recommend my own router rather than the ISP gateway router I am using now? Secondly, to ensure security if the...